Mitsubishi montero spare parts?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The latest Beeza project is a mid-nineties Mitsubishi Pajero SWB.

I think all of these cars in this country were once right hand drive, this one certainly was. I love the Dominican ingenuity employed whilst doing the conversion to LHD!

This latest project is to see I we can try an achieve a better car with everything working as Mitsubishi intended, apart from where they put the steering wheel!

Does anyone know of a crashed Montero where I might be able to salvage some parts from it? I am looking for air conditioning components, instrument binnacle, and those mysterious pieces of plastic you see lying on the floor of your car after you have given it to a Dominican mechanic! Clips, screws, blanks, brackets etc.

Cheers

Memo

Jul 30, 2005
Las Galeras
www.elotrowa.com
Montero parts

Hi,

If you happen to come across outside mirrors, electric and "power-folding" for an original LH drive Mitsubishi Jeepeta, circa 2002 please let me know?

It seems that the internals for RH and LH drive mirrors are not convertible and must be replaced intact.

Best in New Year...

Bill

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
looking for montero parts is like asking: can i get some pu**y in la passion? :)
mitsubishi montero must me one of the most popular jeeps in DR and parts are available all over the country. ask your insurance company about recommended garage (in case of an accident). if they do not have what you need they will have it shipped for you.

Reactions: beeza and cobraboy

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The Monterito is now done up and running like a dream. That was a while ago when I was looking for parts. Found most of them in a breakers yard in Puerto Plata or repuestos Cabrera in POP.

Did you know that Pajero is Spanish for w**ker?!!! I didn't until quite recently, maybe that's why so many have been re-badged!

Anyway, the next project is a lot more fun. We're doing up a beat up '91 Porsche 968 convertible.

Now I know that the owner of Passions is German, maybe he has some contacts for Porsches in his homeland. Must be due a visit to have a chat with him! Only to talk about cars you know;);)

Memo

Jul 30, 2005
Las Galeras
www.elotrowa.com
Breaker's Yard

Thanks for the thought; I suppose that the breaker's yard in POP or several in Santiago will be not difficult to find; perhaps I can locate the correct color while I'm at it!

Is it permitted to prowl the yard? I want to make sure that the mirrors are removed from an original LH drive Montero and not an original RH vehicle, Pajero or otherwise.

Bill

TheHun

May 4, 2008
The Monterito is now done up and running like a dream. That was a while ago when I was looking for parts. Found most of them in a breakers yard in Puerto Plata or repuestos Cabrera in POP.

Did you know that Pajero is Spanish for w**ker?!!! I didn't until quite recently, maybe that's why so many have been re-badged!

Anyway, the next project is a lot more fun. We're doing up a beat up '91 Porsche 968 convertible.

Now I know that the owner of Passions is German, maybe he has some contacts for Porsches in his homeland. Must be due a visit to have a chat with him! Only to talk about cars you know;);)

Actually you might pay more for German car parts in Germany than in the US, just like new German cars cost more in Germany than in the US. The taxes are a lot higher in the EU. Do some research and you will see. I have a friend - a great Porsche tech- in the US who sold many older P cars back to Germany for good $, but still cheaper for them than EU prices.
Anyway if you need Porsche parts I can get them - only new though, I don't deal with junk parts.

The Hun