Travelling between La Vega and Santiago...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I would like to know what options I have for travel between La Vega and Santiago on public transportation.

I recall waiting forever for a Caribe Tours bus in La Vega and almost not making it because of overcrowding, so I want to see about other options just in case.

Of particular concern is how late these buses run.

Thanks in advance.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There is a constant stream of guaguas all along the autopista 24/7. Caribe Tours has buses that stop in La Vega to Santo Domingo constantly.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Transporte Espinal near the Rotunda (at the end of 27 and la Estrella Sadhala near Caribe tours) has guaguas that leave and arrive every 15 min. Bon voyage!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if its a weekday, I shall give free shuttle service from santiago to la vega in the early morning and la vega to santiago in the early hours of evenings (when I am returning from santo domingo). Remember, I am the nut who drives to santo domingo everyday from santiago.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Expreso Vegano leaves every few minutes from the Parque de los Chachasis (Restauraci?n and Sabana Larga), they also leave from the corner of Argentina and Estrella Sadhala. Just show up and off you go...as soon as the minibus is filled.

Or take up AZB, at least the conversation will be interesting....

HB

Reactions: Frank the Tank

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
iIf it's a weekday, I shall give free shuttle service from santiago to la vega in the early morning and la vega to santiago in the early hours of evenings (when I am returning from santo domingo). Remember, I am the nut who drives to santo domingo everyday from santiago.
AZB

Thanks for the offer, Aftab. But I'll be going in the opposite direction-from La Vega to Santiago in the morning and heading back to La Vega from Santiago in the early evening.

Jan 5, 2006
Expreso Vegano leaves from Avenida Pedro Rivera in La Vega to Santiago. I believe that their buses leave hourly.