need a bike

jcgerwing

Oct 3, 2009
i am looking for a cheap motorcycle to buy. At least a 125cc, under $500. Any help would be appreciated.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Don't expect to get a very pretty 125 for that. You may get one of the cheap Chinese ones for that but you will be spending a few thousand pesos every so often to change all of the plastic parts that will break. If you live in the Santiago area I can point you in the right direction.

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
For 500 look for your local motoconcho thats the best you are going to do and maybe a beat up 115.

jcgerwing

Oct 3, 2009
not looking for pretty just need it to run for about 6 months. anyone know what price range i need to look in? looks like i am bit cheap here
ps. i'll be in the Puerto Plata area.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
a new domoto 125 (chinese suzuki, and if well maintained prob alright) will sell for around 1,000 $. I know some reputable dealers in the jarabacoa and constanza area for second hand ones. Mind you, warranty is something unheard of in the DR (except if you mean anything between 3 days and a week).

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
a new domoto 125 (chinese suzuki, and if well maintained prob alright) will sell for around 1,000 $. I know some reputable dealers in the jarabacoa and constanza area for second hand ones. Mind you, warranty is something unheard of in the DR (except if you mean anything between 3 days and a week).

My new Yamaha had a three month warranty, and they honored it.

wilywes

Feb 4, 2008
not looking for pretty just need it to run for about 6 months. anyone know what price range i need to look in? looks like i am bit cheap here
ps. i'll be in the Puerto Plata area.

Go big or go home!!! Buy a supercub 50.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If you can't find a bike in Sosua for a price you have named within 2 hours then you have serious communicational skills. Pop into Chera and they'll make you one up in a couple of hours for $400, might even put a light on it for you as well!

I'm sure he can get a chinese one that dizque looks good for this price. It won't last long but then again it doesn't need to.