My Mango Tree is Starting to Bloom

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
:surprised

Here it is, the mango season winding down, and my tree...a fine, healthy specimen...didn't bloom months ago, but is starting to bloom now.

Does that mean I'll have way late season mangos, or is this some cruel trick by Mom Nature?

FWIW, we're in Jarabacoa...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Could be a trick of nature...Mangos in December...sounds like a song title...

However, Momma Nature usually responds to rain cycles and this has been a very dry season. If the bees are active, you should have some great mangos to treat friends and guests...Lucky you!!

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
After a full bloom, looks like there might be some winter mangos after all! :classic:

WinterMangos.jpg

WinterMangosI.jpg

There are a bunch of globes like these, but TONS of green globes the size of BB's all over.

I've also noticed that there are many, many mango trees up here that also bloomed. Is there a different type of tree that blooms in fall/winter? The tree at our other house bloomed in April like most I've seen...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo claims that on occasions mangos do have fruits in december.
the golf course here in costambar is lined with huge mango trees and few of them have bloomed recently and now have fruits (still green). strangely enough new mangos are coming up on just few branches, not the whole tree.