Dish Network Retailer/Santo Domingo/Dominican Republic

OU812

Jun 15, 2009
Hello Members,

I am looking for some assistance again, thanks to all who helped me find and purchase my 42" Panasonic Plasma TV from Plaza Lama for 37,500 ;) very good deal!

So now I need to find a Dish Network dealer close to the Quisqueya area. I was told of 3 stores via their 800 number. Radio Shack, Sears, and Circuit City. Well, I have never seen CC or Sears, but knew of a Radio Shack at the Plaza Central on 27 before they closed. So, I had no luck in any of my searches via google.com.do....

Or, any info where I can purchase programming if there are other stores that were not mentioned. I have a 4 foot Dish pointing at 119/110 have many channels but no locals and I need to see American Football. I just wasted some money on a cable box to boot, although it does have lots of channels that include NBC, CBS, ABC, but no local N.Y Fox. So I'd rather pay for DN local Network Packages.

I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks again!

Noel

Sep 22, 2009
Hello Members,

I am looking for some assistance again, thanks to all who helped me find and purchase my 42" Panasonic Plasma TV from Plaza Lama for 37,500 ;) very good deal!

So now I need to find a Dish Network dealer close to the Quisqueya area. I was told of 3 stores via their 800 number. Radio Shack, Sears, and Circuit City. Well, I have never seen CC or Sears, but knew of a Radio Shack at the Plaza Central on 27 before they closed. So, I had no luck in any of my searches via google.com.do....

Or, any info where I can purchase programming if there are other stores that were not mentioned. I have a 4 foot Dish pointing at 119/110 have many channels but no locals and I need to see American Football. I just wasted some money on a cable box to boot, although it does have lots of channels that include NBC, CBS, ABC, but no local N.Y Fox. So I'd rather pay for DN local Network Packages.

I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks again!

Noel

SKY is the major satellite provider. It runs about 1600 pesos/month. I am not aware of the QOS.

OU812

Jun 15, 2009
SKY is the major satellite provider. It runs about 1600 pesos/month. I am not aware of the QOS.

Misunderstood? I'm looking for a Dish Network programming provider. They must be an authorized DN dealer to sell their programming. As for Sky, I have checked into their stuff, they do not point at DN or Bev, they have their own Sat/Programming. Unless your saying that Sky is also a DN dealer, that would be perfect! please advise. Also, if you know where I kind find a local Radio Shack in the Santo Domingo area that would be perfect too, or did they close their doors here in the DR? Like I said before, there was a R/S in Central Plaza on 27, but either they moved or just closed down.

Sep 22, 2009
Misunderstood? I'm looking for a Dish Network programming provider. They must be an authorized DN dealer to sell their programming. As for Sky, I have checked into their stuff, they do not point at DN or Bev, they have their own Sat/Programming. Unless your saying that Sky is also a DN dealer, that would be perfect! please advise. Also, if you know where I kind find a local Radio Shack in the Santo Domingo area that would be perfect too, or did they close their doors here in the DR? Like I said before, there was a R/S in Central Plaza on 27, but either they moved or just closed down.

Not misunderstood, so let me better-explain:

Sear, Circuit City and Radio Shack (in the States) are authorized EchoStar Dish retaillers. This simply does not exist in the US because Dish is an FTC, FCC-regulated service.

Here in DR, the cable and sat companies subscribe directly to Dish in the States, so you see that programming on your service in DR.

Now, there are many things that I am not aware of, but I believe this is the case.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It looks like the Capitan is back!

28iujk9.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
You basically have two options:

1) Buy Nfusion Solaris or Phoenix (NOT NOVA!!!) satellite receiver from the authorized dealer in the DR or on the Internet. You will get your NY locals (8100's range). The price is about US$ 180 + shipping, the TV is free (for as long as it lasts).
I know this one does not sell clones: NFusion : Amazing Electronics, Wireless and Satellite Electronics SuperStore 1-866-459-5596

You can also buy nfusion locally in the DR, I have a phone number for a seller on North Coast, the cost is about 8.000 pesos.

BEWARE and never ever buy nfusion NOVA, you have to buy Solaris, phoenix or HD.

2) Buy a "Dish Flex" prepaid satellite receiver ($ 99 + shipping) and subscribe to Dish. You must subscribe with a NY address in order to get NY locals. There are several packages you can choose from, same price as Dish packages, you pay 5 dollars additional for locals. You MAY NOT say you are in the DR when you order, again you have to use US address and US phone number when asked. You have to use NY address (even dummy one) in order to get NY locals (because they are on CONUS footprint, as opposed to other locals that are on SPOTBEAM footprint). You can also get on CONUS footprint Puerto Rico locals and VI locals, and Chicago locals, so I guess you can subscribe using address in those places. But if you want NY locals, you have to subscribe with NY address.

Do a search for "satellite" you will get a wealth of information.