Marriage requirements of the Dominican citizen /Passport .

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hi ,I am looking for clarification please.
I am a Canadain citizen marrying a Dominican man i would like to know what documentation he needs to be married as i am getting conflicting information.
I would also like clarification about a Dominican Passport , The 2009 web site was just a home page without info. Is the price still $ 2,500 pesos for same day completion? I read discussion about whether to go to Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata ,Are there still Passport offices in both locations? Does the price or completion time vary?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Hi ,I am looking for clarification please.
I am a Canadain citizen marrying a Dominican man i would like to know what documentation he needs to be married as i am getting conflicting information.
I would also like clarification about a Dominican Passport , The 2009 web site was just a home page without info. Is the price still $ 2,500 pesos for same day completion? I read discussion about whether to go to Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata ,Are there still Passport offices in both locations? Does the price or completion time vary?

Is that man your husband to be or your son to be ?? You are about to marry a man that doesn't know what is needed to get married in is native country neither how, where to get information about it and neither about dominican passport!!!

Ay dios mio ayudala.....

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Run away from this guy now. I know more about getting a Dom passport than the 2 of you. That is scary. There is an office in PP. And why do you need a same day passport when it takes close to a year to get a marriage visa for a dominican to Canada.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Run away from this guy now. I know more about getting a Dom passport than the 2 of you. That is scary. There is an office in PP. And why do you need a same day passport when it takes close to a year to get a marriage visa for a dominican to Canada.

I'm sure you mean if and only if he gets it.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
He needs the passport so she can photocopy it and to apply for his permanent resident visa.

Mami, have your fiance check with the judge that is marrying you.

They will be able to tell him exactly what he needs. Although the basic requirements are the same (cedula and birth certificate), in some instances they may ask for the single status affadavit as well.

Also, don't bother rushing with the passport because you need to have his cedula changed to say married and the police check and medical done at the last minute as well.

No point in wasting money for rush service on the passport. Save it for the courier fee ($60CAD) he will need to send you all the documents just before you mail in the PR application.

Sangria