occidental grand flamenco or grand oasis?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hi guys, i would like some quick advice here: our milas let us spend a weekend in punta cana in one of those hotels.
this is purely for relaxing purposes, we do not want to venture outside of AI (after all we live in real DR :) ). just peaceful, quiet and clean place.
can you tell me which of those two is better?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
hi there,
both hotels are in the same level, both are quiet outdated +-8years old. althought Grand Oasis has a new seccion ( grand Oasis Bavaro).
If I have to choose between Occidental and the Gran Oasis punta cana. I will go for Occidental.
location, beach, food, and entertainment (Mangu disco on site) is better in Occidental.
If I have to decide between Occidental and Gran Oasis Bavaro, i May go with Grand Oasis. nicer rooms and facilities.
the beach in front of Occidental is one of the best in the area.

Feb 7, 2007
DV8, is there any other hotel you could chose?
Out of two, I would go with Flamenco, it's closer to everything if you DECIDE to venture outside.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nah, popular works only with those two so we have no more options.
we booked flamenco, btw, just now, because a friend told me only old folks go there. if some wrinkled raisin can travel all the way from europe to PC then i expect he/she has sufficient control over the bladder not to pee in the pool... :)
thanks for advice, guys, you confirmed it was a good decision.