Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default URGENT! Are you B+ blood group?

A British expat has to have an emergency operation tomorrow morning at the new Centro Medico Cabarete hospital in Sosua and is likely to need more blood than is available locally. If you are B positive and able to call at the hospital tomorrow morning to 'give blood', please just call in or contact me for more info. Let's hope she doesn't need too much but better to be safe than sorry. Our thoughts and best wishes are with her x

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope she pulls through...
    just a word to all expats with rare blood type - in santiago and santo domingo there are hospitals/clinics that can store your own blood. you can come, donate, pay and your blood will be stored for your use. saves a lot of trouble for the future.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    A British expat has to have an emergency operation tomorrow morning at the new Centro Medico Cabarete hospital in Sosua and is likely to need more blood than is available locally. If you are B positive and able to call at the hospital tomorrow morning to 'give blood', please just call in or contact me for more info. Let's hope she doesn't need too much but better to be safe than sorry. Our thoughts and best wishes are with her x
    O+ should be good too. That is the universal donor type.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a number of O+ donors lined up but the hospital would prefer to have sufficient B+ if possible so I understand.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. I will say a prayer for her.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blood Donors

Lady in question if having her first blood transfusion now - 4 people with B+ have donated blood - thank you

The Sosua hospital is starting a list of people willing to donate blood - if you can do this please PM me with

1) Your Name
    2) Your blood group
    3) Your telephone number
    4) The area you live in

I do not require any other personal details and the above details will be passed directly to the hospital

If you prefer, pop in yourself and register

Thanks

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your help everyone - we need 2 more pints of B+ by this afternoon. Sorry Jen - cross post - just heard the above from one of the donors.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blood Donors

No problemo Caz - I am on standby as an emergency supply but the doctors prefer B+

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Jen is right - they may have enough now - Thank you so much!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The operation this morning was a success - a great big thank you to all the donors that came forward and made it possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast