URGENT! Are you B+ blood group?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
A British expat has to have an emergency operation tomorrow morning at the new Centro Medico Cabarete hospital in Sosua and is likely to need more blood than is available locally. If you are B positive and able to call at the hospital tomorrow morning to 'give blood', please just call in or contact me for more info. Let's hope she doesn't need too much but better to be safe than sorry. Our thoughts and best wishes are with her x

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hope she pulls through...
just a word to all expats with rare blood type - in santiago and santo domingo there are hospitals/clinics that can store your own blood. you can come, donate, pay and your blood will be stored for your use. saves a lot of trouble for the future.

blkronin

Sep 30, 2008
A British expat has to have an emergency operation tomorrow morning at the new Centro Medico Cabarete hospital in Sosua and is likely to need more blood than is available locally. If you are B positive and able to call at the hospital tomorrow morning to 'give blood', please just call in or contact me for more info. Let's hope she doesn't need too much but better to be safe than sorry. Our thoughts and best wishes are with her x

O+ should be good too. That is the universal donor type.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There are a number of O+ donors lined up but the hospital would prefer to have sufficient B+ if possible so I understand.

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Blood Donors

Lady in question if having her first blood transfusion now - 4 people with B+ have donated blood - thank you

The Sosua hospital is starting a list of people willing to donate blood - if you can do this please PM me with

1) Your Name
2) Your blood group
3) Your telephone number
4) The area you live in

I do not require any other personal details and the above details will be passed directly to the hospital

If you prefer, pop in yourself and register

Thanks

Caz

May 15, 2004
Thanks for all your help everyone - we need 2 more pints of B+ by this afternoon. Sorry Jen - cross post - just heard the above from one of the donors.

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Blood Donors

No problemo Caz - I am on standby as an emergency supply but the doctors prefer B+

Caz

May 15, 2004
The operation this morning was a success - a great big thank you to all the donors that came forward and made it possible.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The operation this morning was a success - a great big thank you to all the donors that came forward and made it possible.

You're welcome.

I hope that the gin and tonic I had the night before made her feel happy!!!

LOL

Drank a bottle of RED wine last night to top myself up!

Caz

May 15, 2004
Haha! I'm sure it did, and glad to hear that you are keeping the fluids up!

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Blood Donors

A very big thank you to all the people that have PM'd me with their details

I am still collecting!

Kind thoughts to you all

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Blood Donors

Quick update

Many thanks for the good wishes and blood donors that have come forward. My friend is doing well - however, there is a problem with the medical insurance

Apparently Universal Suguros are continuing to delay finalisation of the 'affiliation' process with the new CMC hospital. This means that if you are a policy holder, you will have to pay privately and then try and persuade Universal to reimburse them afterwards. Other insurance companies have already completed the process and their customers will not have to pay privately.

Please can as many Universal customers as possible call and e-mail their contact people at Universal to complain that we are being discriminated against - and this could cost lives! If Universal doesn't want to lose a lot of customers then it should get it's act together!

We all have a right to use the new CMC Hospital!! We have medical evidence that if my friend had gone back to Bournigal this week then she probably would not be alive today!

So why should Universal insist that we all go to Bournigal?

Thanks everyone

Keep safe
x

Caz

May 15, 2004
Sadly there is once again the need for some B+ donors at the CMC hospital in Sosua. I have pm'd Spicedwine from the blood donor sticky, and if anyone else is the right group and can manage to go there, it would be greatly appreciated.