Mis-direction DR STYLE

bearcat

Nov 12, 2008
I posted this on Dominican Today:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

People seem to be forgetting that what you see here is only misdirection now that the heat is on elected officials?. The people from Haiti may and I say may be costing the Government a lot of money; but who should be paying their medical bills. Not you the taxpayers but the people who bring them here and work them for nothing.

A point of information that may be helpful to all here Wall-Mart a multi-billion dollar retail chain the USA has 44,000 employees in the State of California 24,000 of those receive some form of welfare, which includes trips to the hospital. Americans are mad at the immigrants who are making minimum wages and not at Wall-Mart who makes Billions a year.

Like the Watergate guy said "follow the money". The money is not with the people of Haiti; they are victims like most of you. You have one hell of an attack only you?re attacking the wrong target.

Elceted officials are now feeling the heat and they wish to mis-direct the angue that is rightfully their's to other and people are going for it. They forget that the elected officals are stealing from them, having nice things and that they live in houses that the lights stay on and attack a group of people who are their common partners, that is except for race. You are all catching hell and others are making money and you attack those who you should aline yourselves with.

If you continue to attack other "victims" the "Bad guys" win.

Think about it.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I posted this on Dominican Today:

Ladies and Gentlemen, ...........

A point of information that may be helpful to all here Wall-Mart a multi-billion dollar retail chain the USA has 44,000 employees in the State of California 24,000 of those receive some form of welfare, which includes trips to the hospital. Americans are mad at the immigrants who are making minimum wages and not at Wall-Mart who makes Billions a year. ..........

That's 24,000 people who otherwise would have NO JOB at all to help make ends meet.

People take the jobs, then do nothing but bitch about the employer.
If you don't like Wal-Mart don't work or shop there!

It's that simple!

My wife works at Wal-Mart on and off part-time.
We don't complain BECAUSE it is HER choice to work there.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
While it may be true that some Dominican companys import illegal Haitian workers, that many that post on here appear to perfer hiring over Dominicans, the majority of Haitians bribe or sneak across the border and make their own way to where ever in the DR they are going and findjobs through other Haitians that are all ready here. Most work for small farmers or construction companys. That is my impressions from my observations over the past 10 years, and yes, there are many more Haitians in the DR than there were 10 years ago.