What to bring for the families - stayin at riu

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmadunn22

Sep 26, 2009
Hi

Im going to the dr on 7th nov and doing the outback safari with isaira tours. We have done a few of these type trips in the past on brought sweets, small toys and toothbrushes and toothpaste to give out. Can anyone help me with what else the people need - i am determind to travel light and have suitcase space and would like to bring things that are really needed by the dr people and where is best to leave them so that they get to those who really need them.

Thanks
Emma

Millesa

Jun 22, 2009
Hi Emma. We brought lots of school supplies, marbles, hair clips for the girls (the girls were thrilled)

Have fun :)

emmadunn22

Sep 26, 2009
thats great thanks - the last 2 years we have done the monster truck with thomas cook and gone to the same place with the same children - they say they do vary it but i was unsure! thanks again - pens, pencils and books it is!

rilen - is it best to take these on the tour or to another place where they can make sure those that get them do need them - ie the place in sousa you mentioned?

emma

emmadunn22

Sep 26, 2009
Thats great guys thanks - the kids at the monster truck seemed to expect gifts and toys and there faces when they didnt get what they want!!! Never thought of an orphanages thou my spanish is still very basic dispite night school - taking a long time for me to get it!! so dont know if i would be able to communicate with them thou thankyou for your help - i want to get to know the real dr - we currently have our house for sale in the uk and hope to move abroad in 5 years or so and i have reallin fallen for the country - just need to get my other half away from the 5 star hotel and see the real dr

emma

Status
Not open for further replies.