Cocoa farm/plantation ?

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
My grandson wants to see how chocolate (cocoa ) grows.
Is there any cocoa growing farm in Sosua-PP area? Or we should go someplace very far? He will visit in November.

Thank you for help.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are cocoa farms in the mountains to the south of Sos?a. Either by the old road--the Luperon Highway--or the Moca road through Jamao...He'll need somebody to ask where they are, but they are there

HB

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
There are cocoa farms in the mountains to the south of Sos?a. Either by the old road--the Luperon Highway--or the Moca road through Jamao...He'll need somebody to ask where they are, but they are there

HB

"He" is too small to "ask" or drive yet!! :cheeky:

But thank you for advice anyway.

Anybody can explain in more details how to find the place mentioned by Hillbilly ?

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
plantation or few plants

If couple of trees having fruits is enough, so we can show them, if needed, only PM me.
Rita

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
There's a small plantation at Playa Magente just before you get to Bahia Principe Rio San Juan. Turn left off the main road when heading east and left again after the small bridge towards Magente. When you turn there is the plantation. Very dense, green and chocolatey!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
there are cocoa farms up near the 27 Falls of Damajagua and over by Gaspar Hernandez..
this should not be all that hard..

I was at one just off the highway, where you turn in to go to the falls...

HB