DR Banks: Customer Service

Which Dominican bank do you think/know has the best customer service?

• BHD

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Caribe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reservas

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Progreso

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Le?n

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Popular

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Scotiabank

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other bank

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is the first of seven polls (one per week) regarding Dominican banks on various topics.

This was suggested by linmagic.

Which Dominican bank do you think/know has the best customer service (English and Spanish)?

1) BHD
2) Caribe
3) Reservas
4) Progreso
5) Le?n
6) Popular
7) Scotiabank
9) Other bank

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Not sure how to vote as service varies drastically from town to town.

Reservas in Las Terenas stinks to no end while have had nice-ish experience's in the Capital. Have had a non brilliant experience at Popular in SDQ while the office in LT is more or less efficient. Overall,,, they could all use some work but then again, look where we are.
LT

(looking forward to next weeks question)

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Unanswerable question for me. The name of the bank is irrelevant IMHO. What matters is the type of relationship you have with the manager. I have found my main bank very helpful - it has changed ownership and names 3 times in 16 years but Maribel has remained the manager and for me that is what counts.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I voted for other, but I have only tried one so I cant really compare - Banco santa cruz, but they dont have as many branches as others

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Banco Santa Cruz! Not fast but first class customer care and great for overseas transfers in and out!

Sep 22, 2009
Banco Santa Cruz! Not fast but first class customer care and great for overseas transfers in and out!

It really depends on the amount of money you have to invest and which vehicles/products you require (ie savings, checking, credit, internet banking, CD, etc.)

For example BHD has great business banking features and service right now. BanReservas is horrible for business banking.

Leon is great if you get an account manager (which means you have some significant cash with them) and their Cust Service is relatively quick and professional (English avail)

Popular? No se, but sometimes large international banks with ops in various countries is an issue when you need to go down and talk to someone.

This is not advice, just some insight into how to focus a poll...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
oh dear- now we have to know how many of the others are voting for the same other or different others

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Don't worry about customer service, think how safe is your money. Banco de Reservas should be the worst Dominican bank in customer services but this is the government's bank..

Solido como Baninter!!!!

JJ