Swimming pools in Santo Domingo

michelleh

Jan 25, 2009
Hi, :)

I searched the forums for this as I figured that this topic has been covered, but I couldn't find anything. Apologies if it has been posted already.

Anyway, I'm looking for a nice pool in Santo Domingo that I can visit quite regularly. I'm in Evaristo Morales, so I'd prefer something relatively close (either within walking distance or a short taxi ride away). A hotel pool would be fine (any of the large hotels on the Malecon work well for me), but I don't know how much they cost or which hotels offer this service.

Any suggestions, advice, or opinions would be very much appreciated. :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hi, :)

I searched the forums for this as I figured that this topic has been covered, but I couldn't find anything. Apologies if it has been posted already.

Anyway, I'm looking for a nice pool in Santo Domingo that I can visit quite regularly. I'm in Evaristo Morales, so I'd prefer something relatively close (either within walking distance or a short taxi ride away). A hotel pool would be fine (any of the large hotels on the Malecon work well for me), but I don't know how much they cost or which hotels offer this service.

Any suggestions, advice, or opinions would be very much appreciated. :)

I have an American friend in Santo Domingo who belongs to the Hotel Santo Domingo pool, she pays an annual fee and goes whenever she pleases. It's a nice pool too.

AE

michelleh

Jan 25, 2009
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. On Thursday, I think I'll check out each of these places and see which one I like the best.

I was in Jaragua yesterday, and their pool is being renovated at the moment. I like the sound of the Melia.

I have two more questions. Does anyone know if it's possible to get monthly membership rather than yearly? And what kind of price should I expect to pay (just need a ballpark figure)?

Again, thank you for your help.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
reciprocity

the Melia and Jaragua have pool reciprocity when one or the other is repairing their pool so do not let that stop you from considering the Jaragua... the main advantage there is the tennis courts. plus the fact that the side of the pool looks out over the sea which is spectacular.

As for prices, I joined the Melia almost five years ago so do not know what their prices are now. Then it was about 12000 pesos to join then 1500 pesos a month. They do give me a half price deal for the months that I am away,

I think that they may have a membership by the month,not sure

I know that they stopped day passes as the pool was getting really crowded.
And, of course, it is there primarily for the use and comfort of the guests of the hotel.

vivile

Apr 1, 2009
I just call Body Shop Naco which is a gym and they have a pool also. Apparently the membership cost aroung 10,000 pesos + a monthly payment of 2,000 pesos. They gave you also a 1 day pass so you can try all the instalation.
You can find it in Google.

alexandr

Mar 16, 2010
You can also try AquaClub. It's an exclusive swimming club in the Bella Vista neighborhood (near to Carol Morgan School). It has a 25-meter (semi-olympic) pool. Very good maintenance of the pools.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
You can also try AquaClub. It's an exclusive swimming club in the Bella Vista neighborhood (near to Carol Morgan School). It has a 25-meter (semi-olympic) pool. Very good maintenance of the pools.

That sounds a bit like Agua Flamberg, a pool club our family belonged to in the 1990s. It's located at Federico Geraldino #37, Esq. Gustavo Mejia Ricart. Phone: (809) 562-1021

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
The tread is a bit old but.... Hotel Dominican Fiesta last time I went it was $200 adult and $100 kids for pool use.