problem w/tenant

D

dieselguy

do they have a order for no entry to d.r. i know they have a do not leave order,,, My tenant left and is not going to pay me , it is enough $ that i will chase him-bother him. I think it is my best option to have him barred from entry if this is possible.. Then i forget about the $ and it wont be possible to see him...(timing issue) he is leaving and then returning....thank you...

Sep 22, 2009
do they have a order for no entry to d.r. i know they have a do not leave order,,, My tenant left and is not going to pay me , it is enough $ that i will chase him-bother him. I think it is my best option to have him barred from entry if this is possible.. Then i forget about the $ and it wont be possible to see him...(timing issue) he is leaving and then returning....thank you...

Can you clarify something above please: You think you can have his passport flagged because he beat you on the rent? I mean, really?

Sep 22, 2009
Can you clarify something above please: You think you can have his passport flagged because he beat you on the rent? I mean, really?

I am quite confident that the department of passport and border control is not going to put resources on your case.

You are entitled to attempt to collect your due rents via process as defined under tenant/landord laws, etc. whatever those may be in your respective case. It starts by retaining an attorney if you are serious.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I am by all means not a lawyer, but I would like to think that you would first need to have a judgment against your tenant before you could do anything(?). Maybe with a judgment in hand you might hope they would arrested him at re-entry into the country, should they check his pass port thoroughly. Not likely though, IMO.

What's your lawyer's opinion? You do have a lawyer on the case, now do you?

... J-D.

D

dieselguy

first-i asked because i have heard of this. there is name ' persona non grata'
second-there are debts flying in both countries, judgements and plenty of unpaid bills.
third- lawyer up yes i will.
i am also of the type who have started to believe in the propina system.
$$$ up front- not really.
I will see how deep i have to go....

Sep 22, 2009
second-there are debts flying in both countries, judgements and plenty of unpaid bills.

C'mon Diesel dude...

First of all, if you didn't have a notarized lease agreement - you've got NO shot.

If you did, did the tenant have a commercial fijador? The process is to send notice of intent to collect to the tenant. If they cannot be reached, then you go to the fijador. Simple stuff. If no replies then you "may" hire an attorney to begin a collections process on the tenant or fijador, which "could" include placing an embargo on the moveable assets of the fijador.

There is no "magic" here pal. To acheive the status of "persona non-grata" I think you have to do more than beat some cat out of 350 dollars.

If you didn't have a notarized rental agreement, you are SOL. This would most likely cost you more in legal fees to recover than the original debt.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com

Persona non grata is a term used in diplomacy with a specialized and legally defined meaning.
Governments do that on some foreign people, mostly members of diplomatic corps. (look the definition up on wikipedia).

Tipping: I think that you would have to be very well connected into very high levels of the DR authorities in order to tip your way effectively into being able to have somebody "taken care off" at the Nation's ports of entry.
Your writings until now, somehow suggest you may not be that person.

So, back to square one: Consider lawyering up if you find it to be worth the money and effort, get a judgment against your tenant and have him pulled into the fiscal's office for a "friendly chat" once you spot him.

... J-D.

Sep 22, 2009
Persona non grata is a term used in diplomacy with a specialized and legally defined meaning.
Governments do that on some foreign people, mostly members of diplomatic corps. (look the definition up on wikipedia).

Tipping: I think that you would have to be very well connected into very high levels of the DR authorities in order to tip your way effectively into being able to have somebody "taken care off" at the Nation's ports of entry.
Your writings until now, somehow suggest you may not be that person.

So, back to square one: Consider lawyering up if you find it to be worth the money and effort, get a judgment against your tenant and have him pulled into the fiscal's office for a "friendly chat" once you spot him.

... J-D.

Bribing, flagging passports and persona non-grata. It's like Mission Impossible, or Bourne Ultimatum

JDs is right, the Fiscalia will be happy to "talk" with your guy if you can point him out. Sometimes you don't even have to fill out paperwork.

Personally, I never want to be in a situation where I would be soliciting the help of the fiscal - depends on the neighborhood. :(

D

dieselguy

ill take your advice, thank you. p.s. ill calm down forget the guy and the $ get smarter and make them sign. pps still have a call in to the mouthpiece...

D

dieselguy

again thank you. Its funny how people think . Chase someone for 300$ or so us?
More than 7 x's that,
This is more about broken promises, mental illness and uncontrollable actions.
funny thing about money, it's hard to forget someone who owe$ you.
and longtime friends are hard to loose. Thats why there was no contract.
your friends can hurt you more. Lo$t friendship and the $$$$

D

dieselguy

i have come up w/a solution.
It might work and there just might be enough time to do.
thinking outside the bun....