Skyservice New Humanitarian Aid Policy

OntarioBowHunter

Sep 1, 2009
www.ontariobowhunter.ca
:mad:
I just received an email from Skyservice on Friday stating that they have changed their allowances for humanitarian aid.

The email I received stated:

There is now in effect a maximum of 50KGs of weight allowance PER FLIGHT. This is due to increased costs, and will be handed out on a first come first serve basis. Any excess baggage will be of course levied at $20US per KG over the allowed limits.

It was signed,

Customer Focus Team
Skyservice Airlines

I tried to contact them, and had a lengthy telephone and also a very lengthy email conversation with them about this new policy and got absolutely nowhere.

I told them its a shame that I can take my golf clubs (33.2kg) and scuba equipment (22.4kg) for free but I cannot take medical and NECESSARY humanitarian aid to either Cuba or Dominican Republic.

My response in both instances (phone and email) "We are sorry to disappoint you and support your efforts, but this is our policy and will not be deviated from"

Its pretty sad when golf clubs and scuba gear are more important than the well being of the children of the Dominican Republic or Cuba.

I think they need to get their priorities straight!!!!
:mad:

niagaraman

Jan 18, 2006
Skyservice has been pretty much out of the loop since Conquest went tits up....go easy on them...one plane flying, probably a dozen grounded...your anger is misplaced.....Skyservice will have service to Cuba and DR in December

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Humanitarian

Try WestJet. When I returned to the DR in April they were still allowing 2 checked bags PLUS a humanitarian bag. And their service, in my humble opinion, is the best!!!