Any East Coast all-incl resorts with villa-style accommodations for groups?

domino66

Oct 14, 2009
I previously made this post on a dif forum ( http://debsdrtravels.proboards.com/index....ay&thread=12160 ) looking for villa-style accomodations within an all-inclusive resort, but didn't get much in the way of replies, so figured I'd start a new thread with a more general purpose: simply help me pick a Punta Cana resort for 15-20 people where we might find an accommodation option that's semi-private, like having our own 3-to-6-bedroom villas with our own pool.

- We found something up on the North Shore near Puerto Plata (the Crown Villas at the Lifestyles Hacienda resort: Lifestyle Hacienda Resorts | Puerto Plata | Dominican Republic - Pricelist - Lifestyle Crown Villas ), but we don't want to be up there b/c we hear the beaches aren't as nice.

- Casa de Campo also has some great looking villas: Casa de Campo | Accommodation Villas , but that resort is close to double the price of the Punta Cana resorts, not to mention getting to La Romana looks to be a huge hassle b/c some of us have infants.

In short, we want to be in Punta Cana / Bavaro, but I haven't been able to find anything comparable villa-wise. Punta Cana Resort and Club has a couple options, but neither one of them work:
- Tortuga Bay villas, which are gorgeous but exorbitantly expensive
- Beach Casitas ( PUNTACANA Hotel Beach Casitas ): these are actually the closest thing I've found; little 2- and 3-BR huts right on the beach, although they don't have private pools, but I guess that's not a necessity.

- I looked into the IFA Villas Bavaro, but despite calling themselves "Villas", these are still just 1-bedroom bungalows.

We're a group who is looking for the 'best of both worlds' re: accommodations >> we must be in an all-inclusive resort, but we'd much prefer having some sort of semi-private accommodations that would provide for a 'gathering spot' for our group, rather than just standard hotel rooms, *especially* because we've been told that hotels have a bad reputation for promising to keep large groups together, but then putting you in hotel rooms spread out all over the resort. Hoping that someone can chime in with an option that perhaps I haven't looked into yet.