WARNING! Green Banana Ooze!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I should have listened to mi esposa who told me that the oozings from green bananas will seriously stain clothes...:(

B

BettyDiamond

Urinary Disorders

Juice from banana stem is a well-known remedy for urinary disorders. It improves the functional efficiency of kidney and liver thereby alleviating the discomforts and diseased condition in them. It clears the excretion organs in the abdominal region of toxins and helps to eliminate them in the form of urine. It has been found to be of great help in the treatment for the removal of stones in the kidney, gall bladder, and prostate. It is advisable to mix this juice whenever possible with the juice of ash pumpkin

Sep 22, 2009
I should have listened to mi esposa who told me that the oozings from green bananas will seriously stain clothes...:(

Multilple compounds convene to produce this impossible stain. The two that are most likely the cause (as I am aware) are the flavonoid leucocyanidin and good ole' ethelyne glycol. Ethelyne Glycol, whose color can be seen in the like of antifreeze, is the primary ripening agent in Plantain and Guineo.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Interestingly enough when I was performing my highly scientific experiment to prove that a plantain turns into a banana if you leave it alone long enough, I encountered similar goo. This was not the resin from the green bananas but what the resin turns into if you leave it on top of the fridge long enough.
Our white cat at the time got covered in this stuff (ours was more yellowy gloop) and sure enough was stained for weeks. She refused to lick it off.

They do not tell you these crucial things in the guide book....

Sep 22, 2009
Interestingly enough when I was performing my highly scientific experiment to prove that a plantain turns into a banana if you leave it alone long enough, I encountered similar goo. This was not the resin from the green bananas but what the resin turns into if you leave it on top of the fridge long enough.
Our white cat at the time got covered in this stuff (ours was more yellowy gloop) and sure enough was stained for weeks. She refused to lick it off.

They do not tell you these crucial things in the guide book....

A Plantain turns into a ripe Plaintain (Platano Verde - Platano maduro)

A banana turns into a banana (Guineo verde - guineo maduro)

The yellowing (ripening agent) is Ethelyne Glycol).

The staining agents above are not to be confused with agents contributing to viscosity (i.e. the gewy, sappy stuff)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
A Plantain turns into a ripe Plaintain (Platano Verde - Platano maduro)

A banana turns into a banana (Guineo verde - guineo maduro)

The yellowing (ripening agent) is Ethelyne Glycol).

The staining agents above are not to be confused with agents contributing to viscosity (i.e. the gewy, sappy stuff)

I forgot to mention that my experiment proved the opposite of what I believed.
A plantain is a plantain and a banana is a banana - agreed. (with various caveats)
The mature plantain, although sweet is completely different to the ripe banana.
This became clear when I tried to fry the banana in the tradition way of chopping it up, half frying it, giving it a whack and frying it again.
Mush everywhere.
Even the cat was looking at me like I was stupid.

Sep 22, 2009
I forgot to mention that my experiment proved the opposite of what I believed.
A plantain is a plantain and a banana is a banana - agreed. (with various caveats)
The mature plantain, although sweet is completely different to the ripe banana.
This became clear when I tried to fry the banana in the tradition way of chopping it up, half frying it, giving it a whack and frying it again.
Mush everywhere.
Even the cat was looking at me like I was stupid.

ahhhh. LOL

Ps: for a different spin on your mangu, try green banana!

Sep 22, 2009
Every time I read about plantains and guineo, it makes me wonder. Who was the first person to boil a green one, eat it, and then say, "That was great, I want another." ???

I never want another. Not ever.

I can eat a few fried plantain chips, maybe two or three before I can't take another.
Alas, mangu is lost on me as well. Sorry El Rey.

The ripe plantains are a different story, those are good when fried. And I really like the little bananas (when they are ripe).

To each his own Windy

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like mangu - from green platanos, bananas or rulos (apparently there is a difference in taste but i feel none).
question about ooze is - is there anything that can take the stain off? i find it very sneaky too because you cannot see it until you wash your clothes and then voila - only fit for cat bed lining...

Sep 22, 2009
i like mangu - from green platanos, bananas or rulos (apparently there is a difference in taste but i feel none).
question about ooze is - is there anything that can take the stain off? i find it very sneaky too because you cannot see it until you wash your clothes and then voila - only fit for cat bed lining...

dv8,

The only agent powerful enough that won't harm the clothing, is a product called "Lestoil". I have not seen it here, but may be found in Jumbo or Nacional.

And at that, I am not certain that it would work.

I wish someone had an answer, because all my Tshirts are loaded up with these hideous stains.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
To remove stain:

1) Sprinkle a little lighter fluid to completely cover the stain.

2) Take a match

3) Light the fluid with the match.

You can't wear the cloting again, but the stain is gone...

Sep 22, 2009
To remove stain:

2) Take a match

The first thing I saw was "lighter fluid" and I was thinking "hmmmm maybe that could work"... Then I read on.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
To remove stain:

2) Take a match

I can only think about one thing...

Cobraboy... you should not have tried to snatch one of my bananas...

REVENGE IS MINE.... :eek:gre::eek:gre::eek:gre:

btw... happy it was your clothing and not mine....:cheeky: