How ? Do you get the police to take action ?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Yesterday 14th Oct my 16 year old niece by marriage was attacked on her way home from school by two men armed with knives who cut her sufficiently badly that she was rushed to hospital. They told her that it was message for her mother. This was reported to the police in her home town of Consuelo, just north of St Pedro de Macoris. It appears that the police have done and are not doing anything. My dominican wife tells me that they won't because they have not been given any money!!
A bit of background, one of the daughters is trying to claim ownership of a small piece of land belonging to her mother, another sister , my niece's mother is the main witness supporting her mother.
Any constructive ideas woul be appreciated.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
Very sad, but is DR. I don't mean to be negative, but is very unlikely that you get anything by pressing charges....believe me I seen worst.

Good luck

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Get a lawyer and file a complaint with the District Attorney. The DA is the official who can press charges and put the responsible party in jail.

Technically correct, sir, as always. But my personal experience in this has me still in court...still nothing has been accomplished...and it has been over 14 months. I didn't retain your firm but the firm I did retain is considered one of the best in the country. And still nothing has progressed.

To me, the reality is that the DR legal system is sadly 'broken.'