The Year of the Creepy Crawlies?

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
This year I exterminated 3 massive tarantulas from my house.

Last night I had a giant centipede in my house. This thing was at least 5 inches long, mean looking and thick!!! I hear that they are venomous. Does anybody know if these things are aggressive?

Is this year special for creepy crawlies, or have I been lucky in the past in not noticing them?

In the mean time I plan on weather stripping my doors. :cross-eye

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I got news for ya, 5 inches is practically still a baby. I've found them as big as 10 inches in the past.

The biggest tarantula measured almost 8 inches across.

BTW, you shouldn't be killing tarantulas or snakes. Centipedes?? Allright, go ahead and mash em'.

Thanks JD. I did feel bad after killing the taratulas, but it was more or less instinct to do it. If I see any more in the future, I'll bring them to your house. :cheeky:

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Heh, heh, sure... They'll have lots of company!

Remind me to tell you my snake stories sometimes..

Does the story involve something like this?

SNAKE.jpg

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
Snakes????

Someone told me there weren't many snakes in the Dominican Republic. Is this true???

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
This year I exterminated 3 massive tarantulas from my house.

Last night I had a giant centipede in my house. This thing was at least 5 inches long, mean looking and thick!!! I hear that they are venomous. Does anybody know if these things are aggressive?

Is this year special for creepy crawlies, or have I been lucky in the past in not noticing them?

In the mean time I plan on weather stripping my doors. :cross-eye

I've been told a few times that a centipede never walks alone but always with his (her) partner. Once, i killed 1 one night and the day after i've been aasked: and the other one ?? well the other one appeared the night of the day after. Another time, i killed 2 the same night at about 1 hour difference and in the same room.
I hate those ciempi?s

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I've been told a few times that a centipede never walks alone but always with his (her) partner. Once, i killed 1 one night and the day after i've been aasked: and the other one ?? well the other one appeared the night of the day after. Another time, i killed 2 the same night at about 1 hour difference and in the same room.
I hate those ciempi?s

Thank you Butterfly. I'll be watching out for other one tonight.