Re: Little by little they're disappearing...

B

BIG DADDY

Sorry i can't imagine how many died by his orders.so how many did?
it may take 30 years for the current people to disapear but who will be in power?same type as today.
you know why?because same as you, the people are not ready and willing to make changes,take responsability and create modern counterforces to outdated political styles/systems.
so instead of waiting 30 years for things to change get yourself up and moving to start changing things.
just a counterthought.

D

Duarte

What do you mean "same as you..."? How do you know if I've done my part to start changing things? I can tell you I have...I happen to be one of those people who DOES take responsibility... who doesn't litter...who doesn't take the people's money..even though I have had the chance to do so...etc. I do agree that the people are not ready for change...not surprising in a country with such high illiteracy rate, where most people grew up under corrupt oppressive government...That's why I'm hoping that within 30 years there's a new...more educated generation running things.
I think we already saw a little glimpse of that generation in the last president...even though I don't agree with everything he did...at least he had a vision of what needs to be done to develop the country.
As for myself my idealistic years are behind me now...That's why I've left the country and moved to the USA to make some money, so I can someday go back to the DR and live confortably. I still love my country very much but as much as I would like to the reality is that not a whole lot is going to change as long as these people are around...

B

BIG DADDY

well as i said same as you.no change in opinion.your first message said it your second confirmed it.
as you put earning money somewhere else higher than struggling to change the system in your homecountry to the "maybe better" from within you may should not talk so loud about it.you have choosen to leave so now stop complaining. what would have happened if juan paplo left for america or europe complaining how difficult and opressive everything and who knows what else is. this was a true patriot who put country above other values. and this makes all the difference.

besides did you know that there are good oportunities here to earn good money too?to live in relativ tranquilty and comfort?

illeterate are rarly oppressed by any kind of authoritarian or other style of governments.they don't pose a threat to them as the educated people do.who always leads illeterate people into revolutions?intelligent educated charasmatic figures.who is generally in power?educated people are.
tell me where is the oppression here?i really don't see it.

the true oppression here is by the people themself of being willingly ignorant with a high lack of social responsability and therefore standing in their own way.
the general attitude is like yours,waiting 30 years for a change instead starting to work on changes from the beginning.and this is something you will not see disappear for more than 30 years to come.no matter how "educated these people which are around" in 30 years are. a good chance for change or beginning was in 61 but this has been ignored.

for the rest of your message:great !! we are 2 responsable hero's.same as you i don't litter and i also don't take other people money.chance or no chance.what a great life!!!

C

CES

Re: Little by little... (B D)

>>> " . . . that there are good oportunities here to earn good money too? to live in
relativ tranquilty and comfort?" <<<

Mrs. CES has just returned from a 30 day stay with her sister in the "El Millonsito"
area of SD, and LOVED every minute of it. Her sis. & cu?ado are recently retired
after a life's work in the USA. Having prudently purchased a home some years ago
their mortgage is at a very low monthly payment now. The neighborhood is well
kept and has a sort of "property owners association" that has contracted for the
services of "un guachaman", in other words "not too worry" about petty crime and
burglaries. All daily shopping is close at hand and if needbe a massager will deliver
most any thing you need (after establishing a relationship with the respective
business). After experiencing the day to day life in el Millonsito, Mrs. CES 'sez' that
"we will do nicely, thank you" when we retire there shortly. And as you've said "good
opportunities" are available to establish any number of businesses.

>>> ". . . the true oppression here is by the people themselves of being willingly
ignorant with a high lack of social responsability and therefore standing in their own
way." <<<

Myself not being "un Dominicano", I can only offer an observation as distilled from
my wife's comments and experiences (coming of age) in the DR. The "old line" style
of dysfunctional politics has to go, Trujillo is long gone and it is time for his political
ghosts too disappear also. The Nation must move on, the Dominican people have to
understand that the "old ways" will only allow traveling on a road that leads nowhere.
. .

Regards.

. . . CES