Sometimes... use your mind, and not your heart

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
well, today at La Sirenas I saw something I could not resist...

a real French Camenbert, and at a very reasonable price... to be honest... it was cheaper than the price I would have paid in Belgium, which is right next doors to France...

124 pesos for a decent sized Camenbert cheese.... hmmm... some good crackers, or some of that decent french bread they sell at La Sirena... a good illegally downloaded movie... yessssss.... everything present for a great evening....

and now I know why, when in Belgium, I bought the Camenbert, brought it home, placed it on my kitchen counter and ate it the same night...

Here... I bought it, took it home, and threw it into the fridge... I just opened that fridge... whoehahaaaaa... there was my camenbert...

French cheese is great... but eat it when you buy it...

btw... anybody knows about any Dominican goat cheese???? or where we can get goat milk (this last one is for the puppies and mommy...)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
well, today at La Sirenas I saw something I could not resist...

a real French Camenbert, and at a very reasonable price... to be honest... it was cheaper than the price I would have paid in Belgium, which is right next doors to France...

124 pesos for a decent sized Camenbert cheese.... hmmm... some good crackers, or some of that decent french bread they sell at La Sirena... a good illegally downloaded movie... yessssss.... everything present for a great evening....

and now I know why, when in Belgium, I bought the Camenbert, brought it home, placed it on my kitchen counter and ate it the same night...

Here... I bought it, took it home, and threw it into the fridge... I just opened that fridge... whoehahaaaaa... there was my camenbert...

French cheese is great... but eat it when you buy it...

btw... anybody knows about any Dominican goat cheese???? or where we can get goat milk (this last one is for the puppies and mommy...)

Can't help you there but you should have bought the pear to go with that camenbert!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
May I assume your little Camembert was way past "ripe"?
Not the first time I see Sirena sell damaged import goods at an "attractive" discount.
When shopping, inspect what is offered.

Goat cheese? I wished! All I have ever seen was import. Actually the less expensive and better variety being offered at Carrefour in Santo Domingo.

Dominicans seem to only eat goats. I have brought up the subject with people all around the country and come to believe that those who actually even only may drink goat milk are sadly ashamed to tell.
It's a shame. It's a healthy and much more digestive milk and it lends itself to a variety of products ranging from yogurt over fresh to the tastier ripe cheeses.

... J-D.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is supposed to be a young American guy here, near, Santiago, producing goat cheese...Sorry folks, but I think if you do a search here it should come up. it was a couple of years ago...

HB