La Mulata Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2006
Hi
Somebody can tell me if the La Mulata road to Villas Karibik is finished
completely? The pavement is done? Please...
Thanks,
MG:surprised

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi
Somebody can tell me if the La Mulata road to Villas Karibik is finished
completely? The pavement is done? Please...
Thanks,
MG:surprised

Yes, all the way past M2. It's become a freeway. Watch out for speeding drivers.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Yes, all the way past M2. It's become a freeway. Watch out for speeding drivers.

After driving to the school for the last 5 years and never having even a close call; in my last three drives on this new road, twice, we have come so close to being hit, we had to swerve to avoid nut-cases in various vehicles coming full pelt down the road. What price progress?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
The Infamous La Mulatta Road!!

The road was too Slow and now its too Fast. "damned if you do, damned if you don't" Hahahahaha.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
fatalities in the future

This road has two schools and it was a hazard with high speed drivers in the past when it was full of potholes and dust. Everyone saw this coming and a few responsible parents talked about SPEED BUMPS. Where are they?
Very sadly it looks like the schools, the parents and the residents are waiting for for the inevitable deaths. Hope its not the innocent school kids that get killed.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
there are now two sunken areas, due to lack of drainage

Yes, no drainage PLUS NO preparation of ground (it's just tarmac on pressed dirt), No finishing of the borders (which is where water will start to work its way bellow the tarmac), inconsistent width (often too narrow for two normal vehicles to cross).

I'd give it 1 year to go.

... J-D.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
This road without curbing on each side will be a complete mess within 1-2 years. Erosion has started already. Sadly it's going to turn into a large waste of money.
Mack.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
This road has two schools and it was a hazard with high speed drivers in the past when it was full of potholes and dust. Everyone saw this coming and a few responsible parents talked about SPEED BUMPS. Where are they? . Hope its not the innocent school kids that get killed.

Don't wait, Take Action before a kid is killed.

Make your own speed bumps. Buy a small load of asphalt and just build them by hand. There are ways to compress with a car to make them last longer. If they get ripped out by authorities, rebuild them.

Or just throw out some 3" round posts, this should slow down even Dominican drivers.

I have used 2x4's in the past to accomplish the same thing - our road was a shortcut between two main roads. Got a visit from the police, was scolded and had to remove them. The next day I stopped a car with a baseball bat in my hand to remind the driver it was a 25mph zone. Got another visit from the police. But we then started getting radar and the speeders went away.

What are your kids lives worth? Make some noise, burn some tires, build some speed bumps. Get busy folks. Let me know if you want some help next time I'm in town.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The sad thing is that it is mostly Gringos that are driving way too fast and some of those are actually parents of kids at the school. Speed bumps would be a good soloution and as a resident of La Mulata and a contributor to the road fund for many years I for one would fully support them. They DO need to be visible though!

Status
Not open for further replies.