No firefighting trucks in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Wouldn't matter anyway...........

........even if there was one, it either wouldn't have gas or water.......or the tires would be flat at the time of a fire call..........

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
There is one, but out of service more than in service.

We had the same problem in Cabrera a couple of years ago. The fire truck was so old (1963) we couldn't even locate a replacement pump when the pumping system froze up.

The mayor (Jorge Cavoli) went around to everyone and their mother. He got everyone to chip in. The gringos like me kicked in a little bit more than the typical Dominican. But Jorge got enough money in short order, went to Pennsylvania and bought a (newer) used one and shipped it here.

I think we are the only town in the Dominican Republic with a fire truck displaying the name of a town in PA on the front of it. But that sucker can put out a fire with the best of them!

Get the mayor of Sosua to do the same thing. With all of the businesses there, I'd think raising the $15K to $20K for a fire truck would be easy by comparison.

...just a thought...

Visit: http://www.fentonfire.com/ for more information on this.

Last edited:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
$15 or $20K won't get ya' much, as at least 10 times that much needed for a really good one, but
Vladimir tried and someone in DC got burned for it, like Eddy mentioned. Maybe next time around. BTW, I hope even with all his faults that he (Vladimir) is re-elected, because I know his 2 biggest competitors and man...............let's see what happens.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
There is a fire truck in Sosua, maybe it was out service. I had see it before. How well prepared are they to put out a fire don't know. At least they were trying to put out the fire.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Status
Not open for further replies.