PM Jobs?

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
I am relocating from the United States to Dominican Republic and is seeking employment in Property Management. I have been self-employed with just over 5yrs experience in Property Management. I am a person who is very passionate about property management and would love to explore opportunities with your company. What is the process and procedures for applying with your establishment? Please advise...Thanks!

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
Could you clarify to whom this is addressed?

I am reaching out to those already employed or have some insight to employment in this particular industry. I am not opposed to other opportunities, I just wanted to seek something that I have been doing for the last 5 yrs first and foremost.

Last edited:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
kflow,
from what i know regarding management of north coast vacation condo rentals... a job working for someone else to manage a fair # of vacation rental properties would probably pay US$500-US$1500 per month.

i have a friend who was recently offered a job as an assistant to respond to client emails, assist with check-in/check-out, and oversee cleanliness of units scattered over a 15km area. He needed to provide his own computer & transportation. The amount offered? US$500/month. The job was declined. ;)

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
kflow,
from what i know regarding management of north coast vacation condo rentals... a job working for someone else to manage a fair # of vacation rental properties would probably pay US$500-US$1500 per month.

i have a friend who was recently offered a job as an assistant to respond to client emails, assist with check-in/check-out, and oversee cleanliness of units scattered over a 15km area. He needed to provide his own computer & transportation. The amount offered? US$500/month. The job was declined. ;)

Thanks for you response. Please forgive me for not knowing but what is a substantial income to make it in the DR?

Sep 22, 2009
I need a nickel for every person who loses a job, perhaps collects unemployment and tries jumping ship to DR.

When I first came here in 04 on a project for BL I thought I was some superstar with an MBA from NYU. Truth is, it's HARD. It has been exponentially harder to achieve in a career sense here than in the US.

This is NOT a place where you "ditch" your woes and come to start over. If you've "figured it out" like other members of the DR1 community, then you are lucky.

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
I need a nickel for every person who loses a job, perhaps collects unemployment and tries jumping ship to DR.

When I first came here in 04 on a project for BL I thought I was some superstar with an MBA from NYU. Truth is, it's HARD. It has been exponentially harder to achieve in a career sense here than in the US.

This is NOT a place where you "ditch" your woes and come to start over. If you've "figured it out" like other members of the DR1 community, then you are lucky.

Yeah, I have figured it out and surely not trying to "ditch my woes" nor has lost my job because I am self-employed (set my own boundaries) but like a lot of people, I am looking for a change of atmosphere. Part of growing up in the United States, you learn that life is not easy no matter where you reside. Also, I am mature enough to know that running from my problems (jumping ship-your words) is not the answer either. Thanks for your opinion..

Sep 22, 2009
Yeah, I have figured it out and surely not trying to "ditch my woes" nor has lost my job because I am self-employed (set my own boundaries) but like a lot of people, I am looking for a change of atmosphere. Part of growing up in the United States, you learn that life is not easy no matter where you reside. Also, I am mature enough to know that running from my problems (jumping ship-your words) is not the answer either. Thanks for your opinion..

kflow,

Understood. But you realize if you are looking to "change up" your scene, DR is far from a strategic move. Many folks that do what you are suggesting are very well-capitalized. Are you fluent in Spanish? Don't need to be fluent to enjoy DR, but there is NO shot in business unless you are. Even if you are targeting foreign investment and tourism, how will you navigate the various political, corporate and social infrastructures?

Again, my observation is based on pure empirical evidence, it's impossible that I can know your exact situation.