Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a thread where people from U.S. offer/get paid to bring items w/them to DR?

Hello. I've search the forum using all possible word combinations to ask this question:

Is there a thread where we can ask travelers from the U.S. (and, Canada and U.K.) to bring items with them to the DR? For instance, there's an item in the U.S. that I want, but the international shipping rate costs at least three times the price of the item.

Of course, I'd be more than willing to compensate the traveler for providing this type of convenience.

If a thread like this doesn't exist, is there enough interest making it possible to start one?

Thanks!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

This is clearly not well-thought out. It costs 90 dollars to send a box full of stuff within 2 weeks. How much are you looking to pay some stranger where this turns into value-add for both parties?

Post Thanks / Like

Better to leave this on a case-by-case basis. If someone is travelling and offers to bring items they are free to offer, and if someone is in need of something brought over they can post a specific request.

Probably best to keep this on a non-commercial basis too.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

what are you looking to have someone bring

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default it was merely a question ...

.... thanks for your comments, though. I'm looking for a variety of items, and I don't have anyone in my home city who can do this for me. I'll just locate a personal shopper to pick up items, pack and ship to me.

My apologies ... wasn't my intent to suggest a commercial venture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eibbed View Post
    .... thanks for your comments, though. I'm looking for a variety of items, and I don't have anyone in my home city who can do this for me. I'll just locate a personal shopper to pick up items, pack and ship to me.

My apologies ... wasn't my intent to suggest a commercial venture.

Just about anything you want can be located on ebay. Look for the item with free shipping to a shipping company such as Eps in Miami and it is a whole lot easier than having someone run around and shop for you. And you control exactly what you are purchasing. Normally from purchase to pick-up is one week. Just an idea...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you

Thank you for the suggestion. In addition to the one item I want to purchase where the shipping is outrageously expense, there are other items I want/need that are not on eBay.

Thanks, again!

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    Just about anything you want can be located on ebay. Look for the item with free shipping to a shipping company such as Eps in Miami and it is a whole lot easier than having someone run around and shop for you. And you control exactly what you are purchasing. Normally from purchase to pick-up is one week. Just an idea...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eibbed View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. In addition to the one item I want to purchase where the shipping is outrageously expense, there are other items I want/need that are not on eBay.

Thanks, again!
    Yous should try Amazon or Walmart. I have an account with Business Mail and it is pretty economical.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Purchases

We use TransExpress and the cost of our shopping/shipping has gone way down. I had some vitamins shipped and it was under $6.00.... and they arrived in a week. Just another observation on getting the things we want.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt want to bring an item back for a stranger- there could be drugs hiding in it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast