VIN Search

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
In the spirit of "The Huns" offer a few weeks ago........

I have a CarFax account due to expire on November 8th. Anyone that would like a VIN search performed, let me know.

Please keep it confined to US imports into DR. ;)

Reactions: Lucille

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Hello Toober

the "Hun" did mine for me but just wanted to say how very thoughtful this is for you to make the offer. We need more considerate people here, you make Dr1 a nicer place.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
the "Hun" did mine for me but just wanted to say how very thoughtful this is for you to make the offer. We need more considerate people here, you make Dr1 a nicer place.

I got "all choked up" reading this. :cheeky:

Thanks.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
In the spirit of "The Huns" offer a few weeks ago........

I have a CarFax account due to expire on November 8th. Anyone that would like a VIN search performed, let me know.

Please keep it confined to US imports into DR. ;)

I guess it would be illegal or complicated to have a list that other people could check, ie. the vin. No. of the car/truck etc, with either a Good or Buyer beware mention without going into details. This way any futur buyers would save time and troubles.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I guess it would be illegal or complicated to have a list that other people could check, ie. the vin. No. of the car/truck etc, with either a Good or Buyer beware mention without going into details. This way any futur buyers would save time and troubles.

Hmmm. I'm not really sure where you are going with this. I can run an unlimited amount of VIN searches until Nov 8th. I am not doing it for commercial gain, so I think I am okay.

You give me a VIN and I will email you the Report. Simple, I think. ;)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hmmm. I'm not really sure where you are going with this. I can run an unlimited amount of VIN searches until Nov 8th. I am not doing it for commercial gain, so I think I am okay.

You give me a VIN and I will email you the Report. Simple, I think. ;)

Not what you think by far. I'm talking about an "Info bank" where people could review the results of the searches you are kindly doing now. For example, if the search you did for Mr. X revealed that the car is a "Piece of crap" Good info for the guy who's looking at it now, but what if someone else looks at the same car 2 months from now without the benefit of your report. I'm not suggesting that what you're doing is illegal in any way. Please.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Not what you think by far. I'm talking about an "Info bank" where people could review the results of the searches you are kindly doing now. For example, if the search you did for Mr. X revealed that the car is a "Piece of crap" Good info for the guy who's looking at it now, but what if someone else looks at the same car 2 months from now without the benefit of your report. I'm not suggesting that what you're doing is illegal in any way. Please.

That is not viable, by the fact that if somebody wants to make it harder for someone to sell his car, he just have to copy the VIN number of said car and put it on the database. It is better to run it as TOOBER_SDQ and The Hun did, straight from Carfax.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
That is not viable, by the fact that if somebody wants to make it harder for someone to sell his car, he just have to copy the VIN number of said car and put it on the database. It is better to run it as TOOBER_SDQ and The Hun did, straight from Carfax.

Agree, but it would be nice to save the time and $$$.