H1N1 in the RD

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
- Here in Canada we are being overloaded with information and news about H1N1 , what is happening there with this new flu?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Not much talk here

A lot of BS in Canada but nothing here, thank God. The Pharma.. companies have produced 1000's of gals. of vaccin which I hope wll rot in their hands. Everyone is suggesting people refuse the vaccination. (Poison from what I've heard).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm with eddy on this. there are many far more dangerous diseases in DR.
but - if someone is scared - miesposo tells me that dominican farmacias (some of them, at least) will sell vacuna for gripa porcina.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Do not under estimate the H1N1 virus, its quite virulent and can cause severe illness but a healthy adult person is absolutely able to resist it, a couple of day's high fever, get plenty of rest, drink a lot and make sure that you do not get side infections like pneumonia and you are fine.

Risc groups are (also with the normal flue) young children, older people, people with immune disseases or other ilnesses.

In Europe its also hectic about the virus, people are almost scared to death about it, forced to take the vaccin which I personally would never do (too little testing on it done yet, you do not know the effect over the years).
But then again, I never get myself a flue shot anyway...

If you are planning to get the shot of the new vaccin, make sure you get the shot for the normal season flue first, wait two weeks before to get the shot for H1N1, the first shot for the normal flue will enforce the second one for H1N1 and the side effects are a bit lesser...depending on the person.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Amen Eddy and dv8!

I think a lot of this is pure and unadulterated media hype, as is par for the course in these situations. While I do not underestimate that it can be potentially fatal in same cases, it is nowhere near as severe as Influenza A which appears to have been over-looked for now.

Also, the vaccine is very new and I for one will not be a human guinea pig for any drug company, with or without pay.

Ironically on a flight back from POP recently, there were 2 ladies travelling with surgical masks. These create a very temporary barrier and do not prevent against H1N1.

Common sense along with hand-washing and coughing/sneezing in to one's elbow work for me as preventative medicine.

muyecca24

May 14, 2008
H1N1 in DR

i'm with eddy on this. there are many far more dangerous diseases in DR.
but - if someone is scared - miesposo tells me that dominican farmacias (some of them, at least) will sell vacuna for gripa porcina.

my cousin that's a doctor in DR, tells me that within the scientist n doctors they believe that H1N1 virus would hit hard in DR

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
my cousin that's a doctor in DR, tells me that within the scientist n doctors they believe that H1N1 virus would hit hard in DR

Chances are it could be brought in by tourists, as happened in the past with an outbreak at a particular resort that spread like wildfire.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com

Its already officially called a pandemia so for sure every country or continent will suffer under it.
But, being a Clinical Trial Auditor myself, I shiver by the thought that so little testing has been done on the new vaccin.

Aug 21, 2007
I live here and know that several of my neighbors with children have been hard hit by the "gripe." How would they know if it is H1N1? Schools here on the North coast have many, many children absent due to the flu.

Without testing to be sure, no one will know whether it is H1N1 or not.

Lindsey

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I live here and know that several of my neighbors with children have been hard hit by the "gripe." How would they know if it is H1N1? Schools here on the North coast have many, many children absent due to the flu.

Lindsey

From what I've heard, there has been no deaths in Canada caused by the H1N1. Probably very few the DR. Dominicans are good at blaming "gripe" for any good reason to miss work.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004

Lindsey

Unless one is actually swabbed, I dont know if they will give one a definitive diagnosis.

In the healthcare facility where I work, they werent even swabbing people in the first wave of it back in the sprng as the diagnosis can be clinical as the symptoms are pretty consistent.

As one who had it in the early phase, best thing to do is plenty of bedrest and liquids, meds to suppress fever initally and the let it run its course.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
:paranoid:
Look at this news report in the middle of the page:

Video: Sad: Cheerleader Gets A Swine Flu Shot & Now She Can Only Walk Backwards! (No Stanky-Leg / Jerkin Jokes Here)

that's unreal... so scary!

From what I've heard, there has been no deaths in Canada caused by the H1N1

Since last week, three more swine flu deaths have been reported in Canada, bringing the total number of fatalities to 86

here is the article where I read that statistic -
Canada enters 2nd wave of H1N1 - Yahoo! Canada News

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
1000 deaths in the USA attributed to H1N1. Vacine is being released starting next week in Canada. Developed by a different company that the USA, and thus different trials....etc.
Oh the power of the pharmaceutical companies. Me still think it?s a fraud.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i agree with eddy - again - on pharma conspiracy. gripe kills hundreds of people every day, and i mean normal gripe with cough and running nose. people do not care of themselves well, they get complications, they die.
and pharmaceutical companies with their new improved (and more expensive) vaccines and medicines? all bogus.
meds and surgery can fit a man with boobies and punani yet cannot cure common diseases... what a world... :)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
i agree with eddy - again - on pharma conspiracy. gripe kills hundreds of people every day, and i mean normal gripe with cough and running nose. people do not care of themselves well, they get complications, they die.
and pharmaceutical companies with their new improved (and more expensive) vaccines and medicines? all bogus.
meds and surgery can fit a man with boobies and punani yet cannot cure common diseases... what a world... :)

English :

http://blogs.redding.com/tpratt/archives/2009/10/health-experts.html

http://www.theflucase.com/index.php...vaccine&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=64&lang=fr

For those who read french:

Lundi 12 octobre 2009

VACCIN GRIPPE A (H1N1): un neurochirurgien r?put? met en garde

Aucune Personne ne devrait accepter le vaccin contre la grippe porcine?.il s?agit d?un des vaccins les plus dangereux jamais con?us. Il contient un adjuvant nomm? squal?ne (MF-59) . Il a ?t? d?montr? que ce produit pouvait provoquer de graves maladies auto-immunes comme la scl?rose en plaques, l?arthrite rhumato?de et le lupus. Il s?agit de l?adjuvant vaccinal qui a ?t? mis en cause dans le syndrome de la Guerre du Golfe qui a tu? plus de 10.000 soldats et provoqu? une augmentation de 200% de la maladie de Lou Gehring (scl?rose lat?rale amyotrophique ou maladie de Charcot (ALS), maladie mortelle.

Le virus H1N1 tue en provoquant une ? temp?te de cytokines ?, entra?nant le syst?me immunitaire ? r?agir de mani?re excessive. C?est la raison pour laquelle il tue des jeunes personnes et provoque une maladie plus l?g?re chez les personnes plus ?g?es dont le syst?me immunitaire est davantage affaibli. Ce vaccin est un puissant stimulateur de l?immunit? qui rend le virus capable d?une beaucoup plus grande l?talit? .

La meilleure protection est la vitamine D 3. Il faudrait d?s que possible en prendre 5000 UI (IU en anglais) par jour et quand la maladie commence ? s??tendre, augmenter la dose jusqu?? 15.000 UI par jour. La vitamine D 3 module la r?action immunitaire, r?duisant le risque de r?actions excessives. Elle stimule le corps ? produire ce qu?on appelle des peptides antimicrobiens (antimicrobial peptides) puissants destructeurs de virus qui ne font pas intervenir l?immunit?. L?effet est proportionnel ? la dose administr?e. Plus la dose de vitamine D3 est ?lev?e, meilleure la protection. Les huiles de poisson contribuent ?galement ? r?duire une r?action immunitaire excessive. Une cuill?re ? caf? par jour serait suffisante. ( La meilleure est l?huile de poisson Norv?gienne au citron Carlson ) . En cas de sympt?mes graves, prendre une cuill?re ? caf? deux fois par jour. Divers antioxidants peuvent aussi ?tre utiles comme le curcuma, le ? quercetin ?, l?extrait de p?pin de pamplemousse, la vitamine C , ainsi que la vitamine E naturelle. Un apport multi min?raux/vitamines est aussi essentiel.

Puis-je vous demander de r?pandre ce message. Les gens doivent savoir comment se prot?ger.

Dr RUSSELL L. BLAYLOCK, M.D.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Swine Flu, if such a thing even exists is a media/pharmaceutical company invented hysteria. Small Pox killed 15,000 people last year in the US for reference. Regular influenza killed 30,000 in the US for more perspective. The old and the weak die all the time. Unpleasant, but it's nature's way.

Now Obama has made H1N1 a "National Emergency" because of an alleged 1,000 deaths? Closing schools and airports? Does this make any sense to to anyone intellectually?

I've argued Ad Nauseum with doctors who swear up and down you absolutely must get the vaccine shot. One was furious with me and called me "Irresponsible" for not getting shots for my kids. Then I asked him/them the following questions....1) Doctor, do you know what's in the vaccine? Yes or no? The answer is almost always no yet they're CERTAIN you need one. 2) Doctor, are you aware the flu shots and swine flu shots contain Aluminum, Mercury and Embalming Fluid? 3) Doctor, are you aware that flu shots are by admission hit and miss and may not protect you at all? 4) Doctor, how much do you earn per flu shot? I mean on top of the fee for the visit you also earn a spiff from the pharmaceutical company for every shot you prescribe correct?

Inject my kids with aluminum, mercury and embalming fluid gambling that they might have guessed the right strain to protect them from the flu? No shot.