north coast lawn mower blades

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
has anyone had any success with finding replacement lawn mower blades anywhere...or any success with sharpening them...I have tried one place in sosua for sharpening, but the result wasnt brilliant
Its a briggs and stratton 500 158cc

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Am trying again!!! Use these as much cheaper

xcq42r.jpg

matilda

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
has anyone had any success with finding replacement lawn mower blades anywhere...or any success with sharpening them...I have tried one place in sosua for sharpening, but the result wasnt brilliant
Its a briggs and stratton 500 158cc

I will willingly loan you Archie for a small fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 2, 2008
jr, I believe you referenced your engine model, not the brand of lawnmower you have.

If you give me the brand name and model number of your mower I will try to get you a new blade next week.

And please avoid breaking any nonsensical grammar rules. I wouldn't want this thread deleted by moderators lacking a sense of proprietary humor.

Be that as it may, armed with the correct information I might have you a new blade by the end of next week.

Ask Betty where to find the required information. She should know.

Oi vay!

Mar 2, 2008
The item is ordered, and it will supposedly be delivered to my US address before my return flight next Thursday.

So everything looks good to go for a pass off at the Look-Out (or the Out-look, whichever) during next Saturday's jazz night.

Be there or be square!

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
JR
you can find blades for B&S anywhere in santo domingo, Ferreteria Americana, La Innovaci?n, Ferreteria Hache, Almacenes Unidos, etc.
Ferreteria Hache has a store in Santiago , so you can also try there. their phone is 809 971-1111
If you have not luck let me know, I go often to sosua and can bring it with me.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
thank you everyone - so where is this jazz night, where you will be weilding a lawn mower blade, I think you could get arrested in the states for carrying one into a bar.

Mar 2, 2008
But we're not in Kansas anymore.

Jazz night is at the same place you can see lightning storms from the deck, but I can never think of the name of the place. All I know is they sell tequila and weapons are optional.

Mar 2, 2008
Yeah, that's the place. The movie starring Marlon Brando.

By the way, congratulations on your dramatic win. Nice photo too!

There are weird people everywhere, but I must admit, I have seen some REAL characters at the Waterfront, particularly on jazz night.

Bring your camera. There might be some very odd specimens you could post on your "can you name this inspect" thread.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
my mower was "cutting it" so i took off the blade and sharpened it myself, not much of an improvement. so, i went off to tractor supply and bought a new one, wasn't a significant improvement over the sharpened blade. figured out that to get the best results the lawn has to be dry, dry.