Pork anyone?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
In addition to our usual bbq ready / cooked whole piggies, we currently have here at bigpalmfinca a very large pig which we plan to slaughter and butcher this coming week, probably Thursday. It currently weighs 170 kilos (374 lbs) live so there will be too much meat to fit in our freezer!!

If you are interested in some top quality, home reared and fed pork, please let us know asap. Will be offered on a first come, first served basis at a reasonable price.

See full bigpalmfinca ad in the Classifieds.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
In addition to our usual bbq ready / cooked whole piggies, we currently have here at bigpalmfinca a very large pig which we plan to slaughter and butcher this coming week, probably Thursday. It currently weighs 170 kilos (374 lbs) live so there will be too much meat to fit in our freezer!!

If you are interested in some top quality, home reared and fed pork, please let us know asap. Will be offered on a first come, first served basis at a reasonable price.

What city are you in?

Mar 2, 2008
I am interested. I will be taking a short trip to the US next week I will be returning November 5, and I would like to reserve approximately 50 pounds of your pig, if that is possible. I am prepared to pay for cooked prime portions, selected at your discretion.

Send me a PM, or see Rick at Rockys. I can leave the money with him if you want. Please just let me know what arrangements will work for you.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
we would be interested in some chops, ribs, and some filets... pm me about quantities and price

Peter

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

You should have sold about all of the 280lbs of meat by now. Thats figuring about 25% lose.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
pig in a hole

all this talk about pork has started me dreaming of a "pig in a hole" bbq...

you know... you dig a hole in the ground, put some stones in it so you can place a grid on it.... start a nice charcoal fire underneath, put the marinated porker on top of the grill... cover up the hole...and let it simmer...

of course standing guard next to the pit, with a basin full of ice and presidentes is part of the fun...

best pork I ever ate... juicy, tender and full of flavor (I know the recipe of the marinade...)

So WB, do you sometimes have small pigs for sale? And maybe this is a great idea for a DR1-meeting...

I volunteer for the marinade and standing guard... who volunteers for digging the hole???

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
all this talk about pork has started me dreaming of a "pig in a hole" bbq...

you know... you dig a hole in the ground, put some stones in it so you can place a grid on it.... start a nice charcoal fire underneath, put the marinated porker on top of the grill... cover up the hole...and let it simmer...

of course standing guard next to the pit, with a basin full of ice and presidentes is part of the fun...

best pork I ever ate... juicy, tender and full of flavor (I know the recipe of the marinade...)

So WB, do you sometimes have small pigs for sale? And maybe this is a great idea for a DR1-meeting...

I volunteer for the marinade and standing guard... who volunteers for digging the hole???

Now you are talking, Peter!

This is probably what we do best here at the 'finca' and are most wellknown for (with slight variation) as our piggies are turned on a spit pole over an open fire which is made in one of our two pits in the ground - last one for a big party weighed in at 105 lbs and was cooked for 13 hours!

There are quite a large number of DR1 members who have experienced piggies supplied and cooked here when they enjoyed Margo's (our worker's) secret marinade recipe..... perhaps we can swap ideas.

The cold Presidentes go without saying........

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We are planning for another pig from Whirleybird's farm for Christmas. Shirley, please keep in mind we don't need a big one................

Last 2 have been around 50 lbs - are you wanting similar size or slightly smaller? Marinaded and cooked as before? The sooner I put it in the diary the better.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Pork was delivered today to all those who ordered.... thank you and enjoy. Needless to say we are having bbq'd pork ribs for supper tonight!