Cofresi POP resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Need some recommendations for AI resorts in the POP area. Not looking for bigtime luxury, just decent rooms, decent food, decent beach and pool. I have heard that Dominicans can get available rooms at resorts for less. Is that true for a Friday and Sat nite? If so I will have my friend make the arrangements. Is it possible for Dominicans to make the reservation without a credit card? Appreciate suggestions and resort phone numbers if possible.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
It is NOT true that dominicans gets better prices in resorts.
There is a local rates, not just for dominicans, but for any resident in the country, and this rates is always higher than rates you can get in internet.
I am dominican and I have never book a room with locals travel agency.
I Always use bookit.com, expedia.com or orbitz.com

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
It is NOT true that dominicans gets better prices in resorts.
There is a local rates, not just for dominicans, but for any resident in the country, and this rates is always higher than rates you can get in internet.
I am dominican and I have never book a room with locals travel agency.
I Always use bookit.com, expedia.com or orbitz.com

Maybe it is not a proper comment but when I am in Kingston I book directly at Hedonism 2 for week-ends and it is 75% discount from prices for foreigners/Americans.

It is not related to DR though.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I agree with johnny, use bookit.com. As for POP resorts, any of the 3 RIU's on the west side of POP. They are all very good, staff, food & drink and very nice. This time of year they are well worth the little money they charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.