Hacienda Resorts..anyone just return?

L

Lynn

Hi, Would you believe that a guy on the elevator, heard me tell a freind that I was leaving soon for the DR, and he says "oh, I hope you are not staying at the Haciendas" of course, I'm horrified and ask him why..he tells me that his friends just returned, and had an awful time..lots of problems he says...apparently, alot of construction going on, and there was no air conditioning in the rooms etc...then, he jumps of the elevator on his floor, and leaves me standing there, horrified but what I have just heard. He did manage to squeeze in that they are in the process of trying to get their money back...Does anyone know, if in fact there is construction, and which hotel its at?

C

Cindy

Hacienda Resorts... Construction???

Lynne:

When I asked Angela (with Sales at the Hacienda Resort) last November about any construction she told me that "Work is being done in Hacienda Tropical but hopefully by April, it will be completed. (new rooms being built)."

I think you said you were going to the Andreas so you should be OK.

Would be interested in hearing from others who have been there recently to hear their comments!

K

Kim

Just returned from 2 wks at Hacienda Elizabeth. The room we were in appeared to be in the process of being redecorated and air conditioning was not working properly. My parents were also there and had a nicer room with working air conditioning. I suggest that you request to see other rooms in the complex and if you are not satisfied with what you have been given request a room change. You may wait a day or 2 but your request will likely be fulfilled. We did ask about changing rooms but choose to stay were we were because we were settled and content. If you are especially concerned contact your travel agent and have them make inquiries for you. I would not worry too much about being in a area of construction there was an area adjacent to the Tropical were a new building appeared to be in the final stages (furniture and finishing) but this should not affect anyone staying even in the building closest to this. We enjoyed our vaction overall, explore and find the pool you like best, we used almost all of them. Hope this info answers you questions and eases you mind.