Got Music? (instruments...)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I'm working with the Dream Project in Cabarete (DREAM Project: Dominican Republic Education and Mentoring Project), starting an after-school music program. We currently have volunteers teaching piano, violin, and recorder. We are looking for donations of anything musical...old (or new) instruments of all kinds, sheet music and music books, music stands, etc. We are also looking for people in the area willing to donate an hour a week to teach a class...currently open are guitar, bass, percussion, among others, we have a few instruments and the space, just need the teachers ;)

One very simple and inexpensive thing that would help us a lot are recorders (plastic/wooden flutes). Decent ones start at around $5 and can be found in any music store, maybe even department stores. I brought about 30 that I found in a dollar store, but they really are "dollar store" quality. we could use a few decent ones.

Anyone interested in helping with instrument/donations or their time, can contact the Dream Center Community Director Julie De Smet at the website above, or contact me through email or PM.

Thanks!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Sorry to bump my own thread, but I thought I'd give it a shot...no one has older instruments, books, sheet music, accessories lying around that they'd like to donate??

No one wants to give one hour a week of their time and teach a class in guitar, bass, percussion, etc...?

Come on..it's fun...and it feels good!! :bunny:

Aug 25, 2008
got some stuff

Hey, I have some recorders almost new and stuff you could sell at the flea market to raise funds, but i am in santiago.... let me know