lets talk about calling free to DR (voip)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I just don't see why so many people have not used the www.bueno.com service from DR?
Its simple you open up a free account with them. They let you choose an american number (free) for incoming calls and also they give you 1 minute free of out going calls to any number in usa.
You log on to www.bueno.com (sorry, no mac) and make sure you choose as your english language to see the page in english. Now fill out the info and see if they accept it. Now choose an area code closer to you (no atlanta area codes as of now). Now you will be asked to fill out more things, but I gave them minimum info. I got an e mail confirming my account. To my surprise, the e mail came in my junk folder. So check there as well.
So now I connect with my credentials and warning pops up on my explorer that I have to install a small file. I clicked yes and explorer downloaded an exe file (the phone dialer) and then another warning popped up, to allow the program to access the internet. I clicked yes. Now a telephone dial pad shows up with my new number listed above. Now you connect your mic and head phones and call any number in usa. You get one free minute so tell the other party to call you back.
note: its easier to install on internet explorer than firefox.

So many people would be thinking: I use skype and I am fine doing that. so what is new here?
The difference is, its all free to call any cell or land line in usa. Then the other party doesn't have to be on the internet and pc. They could be driving their car and attending your call from DR. lets say you have a girlfriend here or a boyfriend and if they have internet, you can call them from your cell phone or home phone and talk to them for free. No pc is required from your side. They have a local incoming number and you dial for free. The sound quality is excellent. You can have this number for your business in DR, publish it on your webpage. The calls come in clearly and shows caller ID as well of the other party. When you call, other people also see your called ID.
My niece is using this service in the day time (USA) to save her cell minutes. She lives in a campus and gets wi fi everywhere. She has the tiny notebook with a built-in mic and speakers. She uses it like a handsfree speaker phone. If she connects earphones, she has complete privacy. Now everyone calls her on that number in the day time (before 9pm). She is happy. She calls me and then I call her right back. Incoming minutes to her are totally free in bueno.com. So patrick (badpiece) take notes here, you have the same little girly pc. hehehehe
So if your girlfriend has a laptop with a built in microphone and internet or simply headphones and mic, you can call her from free and vise versa.
just for experiment. I will give out my experimental bueno number. anyone can call to hear the quality. I may not pick up if I am working. This is only for today and only for a few hours.
call 347 788 3007
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
seems like this free service sucks during the peak afternoon hours. can't make an out going call but incoming calls come in perfect. I guess the service is good to use at night. People from colombia called me for free last night.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The number doesn't work for me. Do I have to be in the US and have this equipment to call you at that number? Can I call from by landline ? you know the thingy with numbers on it? :paranoid:

I'm a girly I don't get this stuff. :p

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The number doesn't work for me. Do I have to be in the US and have this equipment to call you at that number? Can I call from by landline ? you know the thingy with numbers on it? :paranoid:

I'm a girly I don't get this stuff. :p

you must dial 1 and then the number. by the way, you have a plan to call usa from canada?

AZB

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
hey AZB...

iCall - Make and receive free phones calls on your computer, iPhone, iPod Touch, and Web Browser

its totally free
Im in DR and call to Usa and Canada totally free...

the quality is great.. only thing is that every 5 minutes you have to dial the number again, but since you dont have to pay ...

from my computer i can call to a land line or cellphone the 24 hours and at the same time i can get calls to my computer if i have the program open
its only 3 minute call and you do not have an incoming number where people can call you.
bueno.com lets you choose an incoming number from a selection of area codes which allows you to receive free incoming calls (unlimited minutes).
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Folks, this thread is about being able to call free to dominican republic not to usa. Just to clear up the confusion.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
what an interesting thread. No one called me. so now I am terminating my experiment. Phone is shut off so please don't dial the number
:(
AZB

blkronin

Sep 30, 2008
I have the Vonage international plan. $24.99 a month unlimited international calls. I use Skype on my cell phone when I am away from the house.

Las Vegas Guy

Oct 11, 2009
I use the MagicJack, costs US$39.95 and includes one year of service to any USA number, no matter where you call from. If you have a MagicJack in DR and plug into your PC you can call any USA number and any USA number can call you for free (you will have a USA number in the DR). After the first year it is US$19.95 a year.

www.magicjack.com

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I had a voip account with a dominican based voip-service seller. He redirected my voip connection to a dominican local number with a VIP plan. Via this line we were able to call any minutes we want from Holland to any landline in DR for a reasonable fixed fee (codetel VIP plan).