SDQ To Samana?

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Hello - We are spending a week in Punta Cana in November and would like to do an Xmas trip as well.
I have found a reasonable deal over Xmas but the flight is into Santo Domingo.
How long of a commute are we looking at to get to Samana?
For a one week trip we don't want to allocate much time for commuting beyond the flight which is a necessary evil :glasses:

rickboz

Feb 5, 2006
Try a search on the forums and you will get some discussions of options.

Could rent a car and drive the new highway.

Could take the bus.

Could take a short flight to El Catey or El Portillo or Arryo Barril.

Have fun !

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Transportation is included as it is a charter deal.
I think you have answered my question though.
This sounds like a fair journey from SDQ to Samana and thus we likely will look for a different deal.

Thank You.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Transportation is included as it is a charter deal.
I think you have answered my question though.
This sounds like a fair journey from SDQ to Samana and thus we likely will look for a different deal.

Thank You.

it is only about 4 hours....and very good roads most of the way...
bob

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
4hrs if you take the new highway and about 2hrs if you take the old one, but this last option is a very dangerous road. From Santo Domingo to Samana its 250 pesos (about $10) each person if you take the bus from Caribe Tours and it takes you right into samana city. the drivers take the new highway so dont have to worry about the dangerous road mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
If your flight arrives in SDQ late in the day, you should seriously consider spending the night in the capitol and leaving early the next morning. In any event, I suggest you take to Caribe Tours bus from the capitol to Samana. You can access the CT bus schedule online. If you can get the bus that uses the new highway it's only a 2 hour trip, otherwise its 4 hours, with a short stop to stretch, etc., in San Francisco de Macoris [forgive my spelling]. The bus is inexpensive and safe, but you should be aware that they are notoriously over-air conditioned and you may want to wear something warm for the trip. Samana is a lovely city!

Reactions: ben jammin