http://www.gmp-loteria.com/index.html Raffle of a House in La Mulatta

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
GMP-Loteria | Gane una casa nueva

We were at an event unlike any other I have heard of last night at the Tropicoco in Cabarete. The first 300 people let in received a free buffet, free soft drinks, saw a live band play, and had the chance to win one of three large passolas (Scooters). In addition those that purchased tickets to the lottery had the chance to win a house in La Mulata valued by GMP at $330,000 US.

The scooters were given away to the lucky winners. I have no idea who, if anyone, won the house because the chose the winning number by spinning a wheel and selecting the numbers one at a time. They said that if nobody had the winning number, they would do it again. But they did not say when and exactly how it would be run.

Anyone ever hear of this group?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
It was a good event... a little strung out between drawings.
Food was fantastic and of course, the price was right.

I know the contractor handling their website... and from all I can tell it is very legitimate & the promoter is doing his best to keep everything fully disclosed and very above board. My understanding is he wants to do this on an ongoing (monthly?) basis and wants the full faith of those buying tickets. I believe he has people selling tickets in the capital and Santiago, perhaps other places. Also had promos on tv in the capital.

The winner, as it turned out was someone that was at the event last night. As I understand he'd bought close to 1000 tickets. I had left by the time he determined he had the winning # but it would've been nice to see his reaction.