Dominican running for NYC Mayor '09

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Her name in Francisca Villar and she is student at Lehman College. Her family hails from the Dominican Republic and even though she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell at winning the Mayoral election, you have to respect her moxie for at least trying. Also, getting the 10s of thousands of signatures needed to be placed on the upcomming ballot is impressive to say the least, good for her!!!

2009 NYC Voter Guide: Candidate Profile: Francisca Villar

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
"The billionaires must pay for the economic crisis. A 5 percent tax on all wealth over $100 million would alone raise over $8 billion a year from the city's 55 billionaires alone; if they try to leave the city, their property and wealth should be confiscated. The $5 billion that the city pays every year to the banks for "debt servicing" must go to people's needs."

Buena suerte con esa vaina. :tired:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Glad you guys saw it, too... I was on a mobile device & couldn't respond earlier.

Dominican, Norwegian, whatever - no respect for someone with that platform, those that raised her, those that educated her, or the 10's of thousands that signed a petition to get her on the ballot. What idiots.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
She could come to Canada and be leader of the NDP (New Democratic Party) She's as nutty as Jack Layton. Total fruit loop.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Maybe she can move to California and take Maxine Waters seat in the House when it's vacated.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
How about this?

"Housing is a right; rents must be rolled back and New York City should be declared an eviction-free zone with no foreclusures or evictions." Wow, hahahahaha, I'm torn between her or Jimmy McMillan, he is running on the "Rent is Too Damn High Party":bunny:

I am wondering how many votes she will get on Tuesday?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
"Housing is a right; rents must be rolled back and New York City should be declared an eviction-free zone with no foreclusures or evictions." Wow, hahahahaha, I'm torn between her or Jimmy McMillan, he is running on the "Rent is Too Damn High Party":bunny:

I am wondering how many votes she will get on Tuesday?
Well, that depends on whether New Yorkers are as gullible as Venezuelans, Nicaraguans, Bolivians and other groups that have fallen for populist rhetoric. :cheeky:

Mar 2, 2008
Like no one here has ever had any nutty ideas. So what if her "platform" is not in line with main-stream thinking? Would it be better if a candidate declared all billionaires saints?

She is young and full of **** and vinegar, and she has the balls to stand up and say what she thinks, and then back it up with an active campaign.

More power to her. She'll mature in her approach and attitude over time, but I hope she never loses her desire to change the world. We need more of that, not less.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
like no one here has ever had any nutty ideas. So what if her "platform" is not in line with main-stream thinking? Would it be better if a candidate declared all billionaires saints?

She is young and full of **** and vinegar, and she has the balls to stand up and say what she thinks, and then back it up with an active campaign.

More power to her. She'll mature in her approach and attitude over time, but i hope she never loses her desire to change the world. We need more of that, not less.

oh, yes she can.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
... but I hope she never loses her desire to change the world. We need more of that, not less.

Sorry, but indiscriminate change isn't good, catcher.
She has the mentality that it's okay to take & demand from those that have more, simply because she & others have less. That mentality won't change, it will only fester & become uglier with time. She'll spend her life trying to make money by taking from others, not by earning it herself.

So you think that money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?

f you ask me to name the proudest distinction of Americans, I would choose- because it contains all the others- the fact that they were the people who created the phrase to make money. No other language or nation had ever used these words before; men had always thought of wealth as a static quantity- to be seized, begged, inherited, shared, looted or obtained as a favor. Americans were the first to understand that wealth has to be created.

Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged
added emphasis, CFA123

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
She's funny !!

The NYPD top cops must face charges for the epidemic of racist police brutality.
Who's going to monitor this ? Other cops ? jajajaja

Every New Yorker should be guaranteed a union job with decent wages and benefits. Unions are in decline, and do not protect jobs !

I do agree that rents are too damn high - Senor McMillan

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
As expected, Francisca Villar did not win the NYC mayoral election. She received 3,517 votes (0.32), but what the heck, she gave it a try!

I am wondering if a viable latino candidate, possibly dominican, would run again for NYC Mayor in the near future?? Maybe Ruben Diaz??

On a similar note, John Liu just won Comptroller with a strong showing of 76%. John is well known and a strong advocate, I wouldn't be surprised if he'll make a mayoral run in 4 years becoming the first Asian NYC Mayor.