When is 15 days really 15 years? - CDEEE Humor in today's DR1 News

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I saw some humor in today's DR1 news:

It made me think.

Q: When is 15 days actually 15 years?

A: When it is CDEEE saying they will make people pay for power or put them in jail.

Please keep us posted on when and where you spot all of those fraud detection units out and about. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

The news story is this one"
15 days to pay for electricity
The Superintendence of Electricity is urging all consumers with irregular electricity connections to regularize their status within the next 15 days. The Superintendence is granting non-paying users a 2-week amnesty. The Superintendence says that in these two weeks fraud detection services would assist anyone seeking to regularize their service. After this period, the department says it will publicize the names of consumers found to be responsible for electricity theft. The new electricity theft bill establishes prison and high fines for customers who steal power.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I will say that the new "leader" of CDEE is talking the talk. I see serious issues with walking the walk with regard to making people pay for electricity. How is he going to do that? Did they revive the PRA and give them some teeth?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
ditto

Wow the thieves get 15 days to pay and paying customers get cut off if they're 2 days late:ermm:

how many times can i ditto this

you get cut off even if you have two years of paying on time

even if you never get the bill

even if you have always paid with the first week

CUT OFF

NO SECOND NOTICE

NO PHONE CALL

no polite little reminder

i lent my apartment to friends while away, secure that I had paid the billl

oops.--- paid the last months bill---

two days into their stay TOTAl darkness

luckily they live in LT so they just found the electric company and paid the bill.....

but two weeks would have been NICE

And NO you cannot leave a SECURITY deposit, they just use that up on the next bill...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I see the encouraging words from the new head of CDEEE. In essence, correct your dealings with the power company by Nov 17 or else. Or else what will be the big question. I suppose nothing will happen.

Meanwhile, power is the worst I have seen it in a long time with the generator down for service until at least Nov 16th.