Cable del Norte Internet in Cabarete

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
I think the title of this should actually be LACK of internet in Cabarete. For us it's been three full weeks with no service, and for others we know, more than two months.

Repeated visits to the Cable del Norte office here in Cabarete have proved to be an exercise in frustration as the story seems to change with each visit. Does anyone here on DR1 know the true story of what's going on, and the expected date, if any, of when internet service will be restored??

Thanks!

carib

Jul 16, 2002
Cable

Their interent is as bad as their cable?

Hey are there any wireless services in Cabarete? Also does the 3g wireless work in Cabarete?

Thanks
Carib

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Anyone else seeing long blackouts this week? After the usual list of excuses of a broken wire, we are working on something, etc, I was told there is a general problem with not enough power being available until sometime in late November.

Anyone seeing the same issues?

Anyone have additional information?

Generadora San Felipe is out 'for maintenance' nudge, nudge, ;) ;)
Puerto Plata Digital

sacandomelao.com: Generadora San Felipe fuera de servicio por mantenimiento

Normal :rolleyes: service is threatened to resume November 18th. We were out this morning in Bayardo, Puerto Plata for about 5 hours (much longer than our normal 1.5-2 hours twice a week but of course absolutely nothing like the downtown areas where they're getting 6 hours on & 18 off every 24 hours.)

And hey, the Codetel guy came to fix our 2 phone lines today, which were symbiotically bleeding into each other thus making the normal usage resistent to raised voices, slow speech or whatever we tried to overcome the problem of not being able to make out what someone on the other end was saying. He appears to have fixed the problem and.............wouldn't take a tip. Point blank refused even when we said 'it's not for you it's for your new baby' - still he declined. Gosh.

Feb 7, 2007
Does this Cable Atlantico use the SD company called "Com-Cast" for Internet? If so, you'll be in for a "joyful" ride... this company had made a Cable-Internet mess in Higuey and they disappeared shortly after. This company is owned by some Arabic people, who like to "bait and switch" ...

Cab1

Oct 30, 2012
I think the title of this should actually be LACK of internet in Cabarete. For us it's been three full weeks with no service, and for others we know, more than two months.

Repeated visits to the Cable del Norte office here in Cabarete have proved to be an exercise in frustration as the story seems to change with each visit. Does anyone here on DR1 know the true story of what's going on, and the expected date, if any, of when internet service will be restored??

Thanks!

I don't know before but I can say its pretty good! I'm impressed they even offer 10mbps! i got 6mbps for me. Ps3 experience is great since am a call of duty freak and i can download a movie in less the 10 minutes! crazy i know...

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Does this Cable Atlantico use the SD company called "Com-Cast" for Internet? If so, you'll be in for a "joyful" ride... this company had made a Cable-Internet mess in Higuey and they disappeared shortly after. This company is owned by some Arabic people, who like to "bait and switch" ...
]

Com-cast is a US company :)

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I may be wrong, but I think you have to have a land line for Codetel. I do not think there are many or any available in Cabarete.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I may be wrong, but I think you have to have a land line for Codetel. I do not think there are many or any available in Cabarete.

Yes in order to get Codetel DSL you do need a land line. I have no idea about current availability of new lines, but I would suspect that Codetel would add new hardware to provide new lines with sufficient demand. Maybe not, after all this is the DR.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
You all DID notice that this thread was started in 2009? So the older posts most likely don't apply in late 2012 in the here and now.