Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default more corruption:police involved

my daughter recently had her car stolen in the dr. she reported it to the police, gave all information.she offered a reward if located .

a few days later the police who took her information phoned her , told her they found her car but wanted to deal without the police: lol he was the police.

they wanted a certain amount which she offered less..they said they wanted the money wired in advance and gave a name who to send it too.

she sent a small deposit only which they agreed to then deliver the car and get balance of money. they phoned to say they changed their mind and wanted the balance which she refused.

the result was my daughter was at the point of so sick of the corruption and dishonesty of the country she moved back to canada...so stupid....of the dominican thieves. now she will not be buying meals, food, trips and all she spent there which was over 50,000rd per month for the past 4 years...

a lot of other people now will get less money because of the thieves that are supported by the police and the government with their leading by example the corruption

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

She never turned them in?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    She never turned them in?
    Yeah what's up with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Car-kidnapping (as opposed to carjacking) was reported in yesterday's DR1 news as the latest crime trend in the DR.

Your daughter's experience is just another confirmation that there's not much difference between the criminals and the cops.

I hope she did at least try to report the lowlife.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if she didn't know how high up the line the 'carnapping cell' went, I can understand her reluctance to report because of potential retaliation. Her best bet would have been to report to Canadian Consul and get him to pass it on. Unless she had other high ranking contacts whom she knew beyond any doubt were clean.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by donquixote View Post
    __ she moved back to canada...so stupid....
    No, the decision is understandable and wise.

donP

Post Thanks / Like

Hearing on a day to day basis how vile and loathsome the police are, it really makes me sick to my stomach. They are not police, they never were police, and they never will be police. They are nothing but cheap ignorant thugs with a badge. It is such a terrible thing when a countrys people have to be afraid of the very ones that are supposed to be here to protect them. And the good cops can't do anything because they are surely outnumbered and afraid themselves.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if these car-nappings are targeting everyone equally, or are they primarily going after non-Dominicans?

Post Thanks / Like

carnapping! wow, that's a new low even for DR. Although I heard this story straight from the horses mouth. This guy sold his girlfriend's mother a car (which was previously stolen) and then stole it from his girlfriend's mother. The girlfriend knew about it, too. Not even her own mother was exempt from malfeasance. Then of course the thief resold the car to someone else. I don't know if he stole it from the "new" owner.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can now have a GPS tracking devise installed and if the car is stolen it can be located in 5 minutes. cost is about 400 US per year......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast