Armour thryoid availability

lbs720

Jul 2, 2009
Does anyone know if Armour thyroid is available anywhere in the D.R.? Thanks to the FDA, it is indefinitely unavailable in the U.S. (but is available in other countries!) My daughter will be moving to the D.R. to her husband next month and desperately needs it. (Yes, she has tried Synthroid, but that does not work well for her at all.) Thanks!

Beth

PrincessaDR

Nov 4, 2009
Natural Dessicated Thyroxin is NOT available in the DR. I have looked everywhere. I order mine from Women's Internation Pharmacy in the US. IF you need a doctor then PM me and I will send you my Doctors Info. I went thru more then 12 doctors trying to find one who might understand this.

Catseye

Nov 7, 2009
Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic
thyroid meds

Hi, I was taking Armour, too. I have to settle for levothyroxin for now.

Maybe your daughter should check into food intolerances. This is the primary reason for the development of chronic problems. Wheat and dairy top the list, soy and some nuts are also suspect.

PrincessaDR

Nov 4, 2009
Food allergies will make it worse but will not cause a thyroid condition. I tried levothyroxin but it is no where near as good at replacing all the components of dessicated thyroid. You only get T4 there is no T3 and often the problem we have is conversion of T4 to T3. In those cases synthetic does not work.

If you want info on ordering it from the US just PM me.

lbs720

Jul 2, 2009
desiccated thyroid

Thank you all for your replies. Her doctor (reluctantly) gave her a year's prescription for the natural desiccated thyroid, and we are going to buy it through a pharmacy in Canada (for about $25 per month) before she leaves.

Beth

(As regards the food sensitivities, my daughter and I actually are both extremely celiac. Perhaps as a result of that (???) my daughter was born without any thyroid gland at all. All she can do now for the thyroid issue is just take her pills!)