Best resort for food/singles La Romana

sammytheman

Sep 18, 2007
Hey fellas I have made up my mind of where to go finally. What I want to know is which resort is the best for food and singles? I loved the food in Sosua restaurants such as Rocky's and Bailey's and the best was the restaurant above Playa Alicia, WOW!!! Can those guys cook steak!!! Anyways here is what I have as far as deals for 1 week:

Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, 3.5 STARS $885 CDN

Catalonia Gran Dominicus , 4 STARS $820 CDN

Also which one has better beaches?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Las Terrenas has the best beaches and there are some good restaurants but as it appears that you want to go to all inclusive hotel this will limit your eating out opportunities as well as paying for a meal twice. Have a look at the Kari Beach on the internet, way cheaper and if you eat in the food is excellent. Anyway enjoy yourself.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I dont know which one is worse for what you are looking for.
whyndam here is far away from what it is in the States.
I went last year to Whyndam in playa dorada and when I turn on the TV to my surprise it was a COLOR TV. all the furniture (including tv) is at least 25 y/o.
food was mediocre.
both hotels are in bayahibe, nice beach, but nothing for singles. this is a very quiet town at night. on weeekend you can go to Altos de Chavon discos and lounges. be prepare to pay at least 25dlls taxis each way. this is the place for very very rich dominicans, a lot of singles, but dominicans here dont dance with tourists. drinks are very expensive too.
If you are looking for places for singles. you better go to AI in Playa dorada or punta cana.
Sosua Bay club in sosua just charge 50dlls for singles. but here you wont find any single not working girl.
If you have just those 2 choices, I will go with Catalonia. former Casa del Mar.

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, La Romana

I found an offer for under $50 US/night there----but so many people have posted bad reviews.

Any of you have good experiences there????

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
I actually stayed at the Iberostar at Costa Dorada (5 stars) for only $65 a night, last month. It was the best---and I've been many, many resorts. Amazing food---live band/dancers/singers for the show---wonderful pillows---and awesome drinks. :D

sammytheman

Sep 18, 2007
Las Terrenas has the best beaches and there are some good restaurants but as it appears that you want to go to all inclusive hotel this will limit your eating out opportunities as well as paying for a meal twice. Have a look at the Kari Beach on the internet, way cheaper and if you eat in the food is excellent. Anyway enjoy yourself.

OK what if I don't do the AI, are there good restaurants/accomodations for budget like Sosua in La Romana? The reason I am changing my mind is that I found a roundtrip flight for $320 Canadian to LRM :)

sammytheman

Sep 18, 2007
Does anyonw have good info on La Romana like things to do?

So far I plan on:

-Trip to La Capital
-Altos de Chavon
-Waterfalls in Samana( Limon falls)
-Saona Island
-Cabarete/Sosua
-Santiago/Jarabacoa

Please reply. I need as much info as possible. Thanks.

Does anyonw have good info on La Romana like things to do?

So far I plan on:

-Trip to La Capital
-Altos de Chavon
-Waterfalls in Samana( Limon falls)
-Saona Island
-Cabarete/Sosua
-Santiago/Jarabacoa

Please reply. I need as much info as possible. Thanks.

La Romana is a nice town but it is not that lively during the week on the weekend there are some decent bars and discos in town,sorry I cant remember the names right now. If you head north to Las Terrenas definately go to the water falls in Limon, worth the trip, I would suggest Hotel Allisei in Las Terrenas,right on the beach and walking distance to all the night life in Las Terrenas, also has wifi throughout the hotel and it is a very relaxing place.