HB for AZB; HB for AZB-Come in AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
AZB: I think I do need some of your Dell expertese...my screen went black and I cannot seem to get it to come up...

Can you come over here tomorrow???? HELP, my whole life is on that thing...

Cordially,

HB

I'll call you wnen I find your card!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
MY PM?? No way! I am open to one and all...
I just talked to AZB....I am crossing my fingers it is not the hard drive...

HB

Reactions: Bronxboy

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
If the screen went black and when you reboot the screen is still black with no white letters on it, is NOT your hard drive. Though buy an external hard drive and backup all your sensitive data in there, hard drive failures are a matter of when not if.

Reactions: Bronxboy

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
do you have any other usb devices plugged in- sometimes it tries to boot from the wrong device, this happened to me yesterday

does it do anything at all- try pressing f8 as it starts up to go into safe mode

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
sounds like the same as happened to my HP and that was the mother board on my Laptop.

power lights on, black screen nothing more. you can try and pull the memory cards, power up with out them, but if still nothing its the motherboard.
Mine was still under warrenty with it went thank god.

Think you may want rocky instead of AZB

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
sometimes removing the battery and putting it back in works - actually we werent asked for help so maybe we should shut up lol

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
its fixed already.
AZB = rocky of santiago. Well, almost like rocky. I am rocky's imitation in santiago.

Viva AZB, 100 virgins for azb. AZB the great. yeah!!!!!!
AZB :)

P.S. Hillbilly, you better back up everything (I know you didn't). Your laptop is soon to be R.I.P. It maybe the back light circuit, but most likely its the video card.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A requiem Mass will be held for the Dell, I am afraid. It got the last rites from ASB who feels that it is probably the video card and he said that this is probably integrated into the mother board. I will go over to Cecomsa and see what they offer me...

And of course, I have consulted with the Dali Rocky in Sos'ua...we have found a great deal--" absurd " in Rocky's words on a new Toshiba...

We'll see...

thanks for all the help, AZB did most of that stuff, I watched...

HB

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's the prob with the laptops compared to a PC,
most stuff is integrated in one piece, so one is gone means sorrily often the whole machine get's to RIP.
with the advice of the great Dalai Rocky in Sosua you are of course in best hands, ha ha
Mike

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
well, we knew our laptop was dying (same prob as HB apparently), so we bought an external HD from Western Digital (1 TB), and backed up everything... so far so good, except for the fact that our brand-new hard drive went into failure a week after...

sigh... now 2 months down the road... still no new HD, no news whether they could back-up it, or anything.... and most of our important pics, and emails are on there...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
well, we knew our laptop was dying (same prob as HB apparently), so we bought an external HD from Western Digital (1 TB), and backed up everything... so far so good, except for the fact that our brand-new hard drive went into failure a week after...

sigh... now 2 months down the road... still no new HD, no news whether they could back-up it, or anything.... and most of our important pics, and emails are on there...

Just as a last resort put your hard drive into a zip lock and put it in the freezer for 24 hours, then take it out of the freezer in a hurry and connect it to the PC, take in mind condensation doesn't build up, it MAY give you time to do a backup of your data.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the hard drive is good I am sure the video card is going dead. Its funny and strange, his laptop worked fine in my home after I resetted all the lcd contacts and all inside the laptop. Then when I took it over to hillbilly's home, the damn video card died again. We were able to revive it so hillbilly could take out all his data from the hard drive. I hope he did just that.

here are the details:
the laptop powers up fine. The screen turns on and has a reddish tint. The the windows xp logo comes on and then the lcd turns off, dead. Now if you look closely the lcd is working but the back light is not working. So could it be the back light inverter circuit? Maybe but most likely, not. If it were the back light inverter circuit strip then the lcd would not turn on at all or would exhibit on/off pixels or simply other classic symptoms. Maybe it is the back light circuit but I have no way to check it as I don't have any spare good circuit strip laying around. The video card maybe at fault because the discoloration and then when the windows turns on and loads up the driver and forces the card to exhibit the colors and all, it simply gives in and turns off. So it maybe the video card. Now we can check it by connecting an external monitor but, like I said, when the laptop was in my home., I was able to fix it and it worked well for hours. It only died again when I took it back to hilbilly.

AZB