Distilled water

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
Does anyone know where I can purchase distilled water in Santo Domingo.

I am looking to buy in bottles or jugs

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
I was a little skeptical regarding hardware stores and supermarkets having distilled water-so took the advice supplied here.

Results; two supermarkets including nacional-nada!

Hardware Store Brazil-nada

Hidalgo-farmacia- well if you consider 15ml(1 tablespoon) injection style plastic containers that are very overpriced--i consider this a Nada as well.

The frustrating search continues...

Sep 22, 2009
I was a little skeptical regarding hardware stores and supermarkets having distilled water-so took the advice supplied here.

Results; two supermarkets including nacional-nada!

Hardware Store Brazil-nada

Hidalgo-farmacia- well if you consider 15ml(1 tablespoon) injection style plastic containers that are very overpriced--i consider this a Nada as well.

The frustrating search continues...

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. I can walk into any mom and pop hardware store (SD or any hick campo), including the biggies Hache and Americana and buy a million gallons of the stuff any day of the week.

Maybe if you don't say "Agua pa' bateria" they just don't know what you're talking about? This is all so odd.

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. I can walk into any mom and pop hardware store (SD or any hick campo), including the biggies Hache and Americana and buy a million gallons of the stuff any day of the week.

Maybe if you don't say "Agua pa' bateria" they just don't know what you're talking about? This is all so odd.

I think one of the variables of confusion here are is the difference between distilled water which I want for the purposes of ingesting, versus what I see on my agua para baterias bottle, which is deionized water.

Deionization does not significantly remove uncharged organic molecules, viruses or bacteria, except by incidental trapping in the resin.

Distillation involves boiling the water and then condensing the steam into a clean container, leaving most solid contaminants behind, therefore far better for drinking.

Sep 22, 2009
I think one of the variables of confusion here are is the difference between distilled water which I want for the purposes of ingesting, versus what I see on my agua para baterias bottle, which is deionized water.

Deionization does not significantly remove uncharged organic molecules, viruses or bacteria, except by incidental trapping in the resin.

Distillation involves boiling the water and then condensing the steam into a clean container, leaving most solid contaminants behind, therefore far better for drinking.

Yes, you are correct drgringo. I assumed it was battery water you were seeking.

So you are finding deionized water, but NOT distilled water, OR the other way around?

It seems like you have this down clean. Where's the issue?

Sounds like you may be building a bomb with all that chemistry :)

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
Yes, you are correct drgringo. I assumed it was battery water you were seeking.

So you are finding deionized water, but NOT distilled water, OR the other way around?

It seems like you have this down clean. Where's the issue?

Sounds like you may be building a bomb with all that chemistry :)

No bomb making here. Actually its a certain diet that calls for the specific use of distilled water in the ingredients of many recipes.

Sep 22, 2009
No bomb making here. Actually its a certain diet that calls for the specific use of distilled water in the ingredients of many recipes.

There is this green plastic gallon sold in most local pharmacies. They use it for the babies. I can't guarantee ISO or OSHA compliance though :)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Aqua Bidestilada

For my next purchase (10 gallons) I have quotes (from 60 RD$/gallon to 140 RD$/gallon + ITBIS) from four places (3 in SD and 1 STGO).

None is a 'ferreter?a' or supermarket... :tired:

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
For my next purchase (10 gallons) I have quotes (from 60 RD$/gallon to 140 RD$/gallon + ITBIS) from four places (3 in SD and 1 STGO).

None is a 'ferreter?a' or supermarket... :tired:

Where in the SD are you getting this?