Looking for Architecural work the in DR

mqevans

Jun 23, 2009
I am looking for work as an Architect in the Dominican Republic. I have a master's degree and 8 plus years experience with various project types in the United States, China, Mexico and the Turks and Caicos Islands. I am seeking work with an architectural firm, a developer or a construction company. Any insight or potential leads for employment would be greatly appreciated.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I am looking for work as an Architect in the Dominican Republic. I have a master's degree and 8 plus years experience with various project types in the United States, China, Mexico and the Turks and Caicos Islands. I am seeking work with an architectural firm, a developer or a construction company. Any insight or potential leads for employment would be greatly appreciated.

We work with a fairly recently graduated (UASD) female architect in Santo Domingo.
She has worked throughout her whole studying time quite successfully, is work-and-most importantly (for us) OPEN minded and interested to do new things and do them correctly. She has some English and also has experience in dealing with builders (has completed her own projects from A-to-Z with success) and large clients as well as competitors.

If you are interested, I can introduce you (PM me if interested).

... J-D.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
We work with a fairly recently graduated (UASD) female architect in Santo Domingo.
She has worked throughout her whole studying time quite successfully, is work-and-most importantly (for us) OPEN minded and interested to do new things and do them correctly. She has some English and also has experience in dealing with builders (has completed her own projects from A-to-Z with success) and large clients as well as competitors.

If you are interested, I can introduce you (PM me if interested).

... J-D.

I believe the OP is looking for work for himself.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Look elsewhere

If you are not pegado, hooked up , have a cousin in the government, forget it...

the country is paved with architects. I know two who have been working all their lives and are just hoping to put food on the table.

Try Jamaica, Barbados, or Grenada......

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm an American registered engineer living here in Santiago and I would have to say that given the poor state of the economy that it would be very difficult if not downright impossible to find a job here. Of course, if you want to move to SD for three to four months and hunt for work you might get something. However, without a great deal of connections and excellent Spanish it would be difficult to say the least.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Both Mountainannie and Chip are correct: the DR is overrun with architects. I personally know several who are out of work even though bright, creative people.

Besides, every builder here considers themselves to be an architect. There is a reason why the design of so many structure leave you scratching your head...