oh boy weather....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyp

Sep 1, 2009
okay hello everyone, i've been waiting the last 8months for my first trip to Sosua Nov 13-17 and now its seems the weather is yucky... what are you alls opinion esp. bloggers that live in that area. all post will be a great help

thx

blacklilah

Jan 25, 2008
It rains here a lot...everyone seems to have different estimates about when the rainy season is. Officially, its Nov thru Jan for the North Coast (I read that on some weather site), but I remember last Feb it rained almost every day.

The good thing though, is that it passes thru quickly, this morning it poured, but its nice and sunny now. There is a storm in the area though, but I have yet to see a correct weather forecast for this area.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
If you look at Yahoo Weather for the North Coast it calls for Chance of Thunder Storms for the next two weeks. But it always says that.

What it can't tell you is that, yes it may rain, but it most likely won't rain for a long time. It may rain hard for an hour or two, but then the sun comes out.

The chance of rain ruining your vacation is slim. Have a great trip.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the rain is pretty warm and it only means that you get wet.I quite like to walk on the beach when its raining.
I remember in Haiwaii I was in the sea and it started raining. everyone got out and sheltered until it stopped then got back in again .............hmmmmm but you were wet in the sea

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
okay hello everyone, i've been waiting the last 8months for my first trip to Sosua Nov 13-17 and now its seems the weather is yucky... what are you alls opinion esp. bloggers that live in that area. all post will be a great help

thx

The rain will come and the rain will go; it helps to keep everything green! But generally speaking in a 7 day timeframe you'll get a few really nice days. Our weather report in Cabrera called for thunderstorms everyday for the past two weeks...and it only started raining a couple of days ago. Before that it was amazing!

Learn to roll with the flow and you'll have a ball here!

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
If you look at Yahoo Weather for the North Coast it calls for Chance of Thunder Storms for the next two weeks. But it always says that.

What it can't tell you is that, yes it may rain, but it most likely won't rain for a long time. It may rain hard for an hour or two, but then the sun comes out.

The chance of rain ruining your vacation is slim. Have a great trip.

Well this isn't exactly true. It can be rain and overcast several days in a row. Up to a week, once or twice during the winter season isn't that unusual.
That it almost always becomes hot and sunny again right after a rain shower is just a myth.
My experience is that the best weater is from the middle of february until the beginning of april, but that wasn't correct last winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.