To DR1

S

Sylvie

Can you please advise if Punta Cana is located close to the "La Alta Gracia" district ?

Thank you
Sylvie Martineau
Canada

S

Sylvie

To Lyse, Thank you.
Any thoughts on malaria in this area ?
Is it safe in resorts.
Thanks.
Sylvie

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check the cdc.gov site of the US government. There is no malaria alert for Dominican Republic resort areas, including Punta Cana.

E

ECH, M.D.

Statistically, I think you have a much better chance of being hit by a car than getting malaria or polio in the DR presently.

T

Tom

Re: To ECH :)

Statistically, what are the chances of wiping out your nose and knee when checking your luggage?

S

Susanne

Sylvie, you are probably thinking about the malaria alert in the Altagracia Province from December 99 until February 00. There are no such alerts any longer. The problem has been dealt with and there is no recommendation of malaria prophylaxis when going to the DR.

Regards,
Susanne

E

ECH, M.D.

Re: To ECH :)

Well, if you are in Logan International Airport the chances are great (if you are a Klutz) LOL.

L

Lyse

When I'm in the D.R. I live out of the resorts in the rural area so my vaccinations are up to date and I do take Aralen against the malaria. Just to be on the safe side contact your C.L.S.C. If you're in Montreal contact the D?partement de sant? communauraire de l'H?pital St-Luc (514) 281-3295. Some vaccines are free others are not.