Rio San Juan hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massielg

Apr 30, 2008
www.casasdevacacionesrd.blogspot.com
Bahia Blanca 809-589-2563 a room there cost about US$35

Another option is La Casona, in the main street (calle duarte), they just have 2 rooms but is clean and less expensive than Bahia Blanca. Their phone number 809-589-2597

Good luck. :cheeky:

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Bahia Blanca has a spectacular sunset view from the patio. The restaurant is good also so you don't have to walk around the town.

kmorris

Feb 20, 2006
The Bahia Blanca is one of my favorites, although I have not stayed at La Catalina. I really like the Bahia Blanca because of the location and the staff, not mention everything in Rio San Juan is within walking distance from the hotel, which is really nice to be able to walk at night. I have seen La Casona but I haven't had any interest to stay there. My vote goes to the Bahia Blanca.

Kelsey

les1

Feb 1, 2007
Wed night and Sun night you have a Tipico band in D'Franks rest/dance hall. Usually very good. Mon, Tues, Thurs only good for a quiet drink in a bar. Fri - can get a bit more lively and Sat/Sun is hopping.

Weekdays you can find action in the Barrios, very rough, cheap and ready. Romanita's a Colmado with no sign. Head away from the lagoon and D'Franks and keep going until you find yourself in Barrio Buenos Aires - you'll know you're there, and just before there is Colmado Espanol.

Bahia Blanca is easily the best place to stay in town. I like the room downstairs, is much cheaper (500 pesos) metres from the sea and more private than the rest (a huge balcony to yourself). Its cheap cause they hang the washing out there. The room is number T1.

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
I took the advice of most posters and stayed at Bahia Blanca. I also took les1's advice and took a downstairs room. The hotel was pretty nice with friendly management but the downstairs room was a bust. I was ok with it but my girlfriend was really disappointed. Granted it was less than half the price of the other rooms but next time I would pay the extra and stay upstairs. Great location! Thanks for all of you that replied to my inquiery.

Status
Not open for further replies.