Super Bowl thoughts and Santiago info

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For some reason last evening, as I waltzed over to our corner market, I thought of the Super Bowl. It seems that every year we get asked: "Where can I see the Super Bowl?"
1) I believe it is on CBS this year, so you can make sure you have CBS on your cable server and you can sit at home with one or two friends and guzzzle beer.
2) OR: You can come over here, where we have a giant screen (6 foot?) and great speakers, Ice cold beer, kipes, empanadas, pizza available with a phone call, and a bunch of hootin'and hollerin' gringos, with maybe a few in-the-know Dominicans thrown in the mix. Like being at the game.

It's a thought. I figure maybe 20-25 guys would make up a nice crowd. Heck I don't even know if there are that many people in the area that even want to see the GAME....I do believe I can even make provisions for betting, or we can do our own pool...whatever.

Give it some thought.

OKAY: Santiago information.

A lot of folks ask about how to get from Santiago to other places. The gringos that come on the board talk about Hwy 1, 3,5,9 or whatever, but no Dominican even knows about those numbers on maps.

Anyway, at the corner of Restauration and Sabana Larga, where there is a big park and one of fired chicken places on the other corner, there is a parking lot on ther third corner. THIS is the place. You can go to San Francisco de Macoris, Salcedo and La Vega from that one corner.

NOT earthshaking news, alright, but it should be filed away for reference...The La Vega mini-buses will leave you at the Texaco station at the Jarabacoa intersection..and you can hop on a Jarabacoa bus there...

So for the young and young at heart, there is your travel solution to one area of the country from Santiago. We have already posted on how to get to Saman?...

Have a good weekend, and let me know what you think about a Super Bowl get-together...

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Luis: I have a HD projector that can project an excellent 10'+ image. The game can be accessed in HD online, hooked into a computer with a high speed DSL line and speakers.

Just a thought...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
BTW-The Who is doing the half time show. How awesome is that?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Luis: maybe an informal golf tourney earlier in the day @ LA?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not that is a possibility. Iwill check withthe club and see what it will cost us..

HB