anyone buy cohiba cigars?? got a question

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
for those of you who smoke cigars.would anyone tell me about how much to pay for a box of cuban cobiha cigars.i know they have a pretty good cigar shop on the west end of duarte in boca chica i'd like to have a round about price before i go in.
thanks,
zach

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
for those of you who smoke cigars.would anyone tell me about how much to pay for a box of cuban cobiha cigars.i know they have a pretty good cigar shop on the west end of duarte in boca chica i'd like to have a round about price before i go in.
thanks,
zach

Beware of fakes. I don't know of any place that sell the real thing in this country. Even in Cuba, other than the Gov. shops, your chances are 1 in 100 of getting the real thing.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My first reaction was "Keep your hand on your wallet!!!!!:

I will say this categorically: There are no real Cohiba cigars in Boca Chica. Here is the test: See the prices. If they are less than RD$10,000 a box they are fakes.

there are places where you can get real Cohibas. Go to La Romana and then to the Marina in Casa de Campo and to the FUMO cigar shop. They do have Cohibas.

Or to Santo Domingo and the cigar shop inthe Hotel Jaragua. They could have them, but I won't swear to it on a bible. FUMO might have a store in
Santo Domingo, sorry I don't have that bit of information.

I do know that theere are no authentic Cuban cigars in Boca Chica...

HB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

HB

You mean to tell me the ones I bought on the beach with the glass cover for $RD300 were not genuine Cubanos?

Last edited:

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
My first reaction was "Keep your hand on your wallet!!!!!:

I will say this categorically: There are no real Cohiba cigars in Boca Chica. Here is the test: See the prices. If they are less than RD$10,000 a box they are fakes.

there are places where you can get real Cohibas. Go to La Romana and then to the Marina in Casa de Campo and to the FUMO cigar shop. They do have Cohibas.

Or to Santo Domingo and the cigar shop inthe Hotel Jaragua. They could have them, but I won't swear to it on a bible. FUMO might have a store in
Santo Domingo, sorry I don't have that bit of information.

HB

thanks for the info.i'm goin to try for shop in la romana.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You guys made me laugh!! Thanks, I needed that today, what with the water main break in front of my now lake-front house!!

TTYL

Splish splash...I was takin' a bath, along about Saterday night!!!

HJB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No longer. I read where General lost the case and can no longer market the cigar as Cohiba...It was over priced and not 1/2 the cigar the real ones are...not even 1/8th..

Do what I said an you might have some good luck..

HB

May 12, 2005
You guys made me laugh!! Thanks, I needed that today, what with the water main break in front of my now lake-front house!!

TTYL

Splish splash...I was takin' a bath, along about Saterday night!!!

HJB

Sorry, to hear about all that water. Hope you have your galoshes. Post some fotos.